Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-06-2019, 11:03 PM   #1
cerdman1

Default Black screen, 2019 MacBook Pro 13, dell d6000

I'm trying to get my new dell d6000 USB-C hub working but it appears to not detect monitors when using usb-c instead of usb-a. Peripherals work normally, mouse and keyboard included but the monitors receive no signal. I've tried using the hub on a friend's older MacBook, which had USB-A instead of USB-C, and it worked without any trouble whatsoever after installing the newest Mac drivers. I'm on the most recent version of Mac OS, 10.14.5.

I was also able to get this working on windows with USB-A, again- without much trouble, after downloading and installing the correct drivers. As far as I can tell, the only commonality in all of this that USB-A seems to work fine, and USB-C seems to be a broken mess, at least on the d6000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
cerdman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:26 PM   #2
MikeKor

I am having a similar issue. Mac osx 10.14.6 with driver 5.2

The Mac does not detect anything at all when USB-C is connected from dock to MacBook Pro.

How do we get the Dock to work with USB-C on the newer software?
MikeKor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:31 PM   #3
cerdman1

Default More details

For further clarification, when I did finally get the hub to work, it was with a 60hz 1080p monitor, over HDMI. I also tried it with a 144hz 1440p GSYNC monitor- this however did not work, at least not over display port. The hub was recognized in all cases, but only worked when plugged into USB-A.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:40 AM   #4
cerdman1

If possible could you try it with USB-A instead of USB-C- that is, if you haven't already. I seems likely that this problem exists for everyone trying to use USB-C.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:48 PM   #5
drewbee88

i have the same issue. went through support they said it was a hardware issue. however if i plug a windows PC into the same dock it displays no issues. so its cant be the hardware.

i did have it blip once and work, but hasnt worked since then.
drewbee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #6
cerdman1

I don't have a usb-c capable windows pc, so I can't confirm. seems to me that it almost has to be hardware, although I can't see how. I took the usb-c end, swapped it out for usb-a on a friends macbook, and BAM- it worked immediately, no problems at all.

its a real shame. This thing was supposed to solve my display problems... instead it created more. Probably just going to return it and deal with only having 2 monitors natively.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:00 PM   #7
MikeKor

I have tried all different combination s and different driver downloads and I cannot get the DP to read as a screen at all. My brother has the exact same setup that I do but he is running Mac OS 10.14.3 and drive 5.1 and I'm running 10.14.6 and driver 5.2. This is frustrating and time consuming
MikeKor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 04:58 PM   #8
jrmmes

Hi. I have been in contact with DisplayLink and they should be pushing a new driver eventually to hopefully patch this problem. From what I have found with my testing it is only a 13" 2019 Mac Book Pro problem and not a Mojave issue. To get it to work as intended I have found that if you do a SMC reset every time you plug the dock in and it should work fine until its disconnected again. Hope this helps.
jrmmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:02 AM   #9
Mailman44

Default MacBook Air 2013

Hi,

I got the monitor set up last night but today, besides the initial home screen flashing for 4 seconds when I plug it in it is not working today? Any ideas? Tried SMC reset, different USB A drive ... Reloaded the driver ... Nothing!
Mailman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:23 AM   #10
Schrooten

I am having the same issue. I upgraded my macbook pro 15" 2017 this weekend to OSX Catalina GoldMaster and the newest DisplayLink beta driver. Using USB-A dock to USB-C Macbook.

Mionitor stays black. I am using 'Disable Monitor' application to set my resolution, this program can see the monitor, set the resolution, but still it stays black (not active, going to sleep).
Schrooten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mac os, macbook pro