Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2020, 11:32 PM   #1
Ingo

Default Color Navigator 7 not working properly

The "Color Navigator 7" Software to calibrate the colors of an EIZO Monitor doesnt work properly with the "StarTech DK30CH2DPPDU USB-C Dockingstation"
Something goes wrong with the profiles.

The colors are off and the behaviour is different with the dock than when the monitor is directly connected.

Is there maybe a way to fix that with an driver update or is color management not supported by displaylink?

macOS Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287)
DisplayLink Driver. 5.2.1
Produkt: Startech DK30CH2DPPDU
connected via Displayport - Displayport Cable to the dock
Ingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

I would like to know more about your system, for that would you mind gathering the logfiles that will give us more detail?
The following link will take you to the steps you have to take: https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

Would you be able to take a picture or video to show us exactly how it looks on your side with dock and without the dock connected to the PC?

Thank you,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:33 PM   #3
Ingo

Answere from DisplayLink support for all who have the same problem with Color Navigator and probably all hardware calibrated monitors at the moment of this post.
Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

There is on Mac no support yet for DDC/CI communication with DisplayLink products (which is what its being used by the MCCS commands) this is why the behaviour is different when you connect the monitor through the docking station.It is planned, but we don't have a timescale for releasing it. There is also a dependency on support in MacOS for this.

Sorry about this.

Kind Regards,

Rene

Last edited by Ingo; 05-14-2020 at 08:48 PM.
Ingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:19 PM   #4
Mitko

Hi,

I also have a problem similar to what you describe. When I plug my Eizo screens through a DisplayLink hub, they have a weird behavior. No matter if I connect them via DisplayPort or HDMI. Colors are off. The Color Navigator (calibrating software) cannot save the ICC profiles after calibration.

I tested this with 3 Eizo screens. All of them don't work as they are supposed to when connected to the computer via a DL docking station. They are all recent models. 3 different models. 2 of the screens are basically new.

Please, Display Link team, make what's necessary to fix this. I invested in two docking stations which were quite expensive (around 300$ each)...

Best,
Mitko
Mitko is offline   Reply With Quote