Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > General Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2023, 06:22 AM   #1
kgravlin

Unhappy DisplayLink Windows 10 USB 3.0

I have seen and read literally multiple dozens of postings all over the internet about DisplayLink products not working properly with Windows 10. Some of these are more than 10 years old with many reporting the same issues long ago on windows 7 and 8.1. Never in all of the postings here or anywhere else have I ever seen a DisplayLink employee/member or tech actually comment on or even acknowledge the issue. Dozens of users have thrown out what they have tried which sometimes seemed to do something good (even if there was no reason it should) for them but most often has not. It seems DisplayLink is one more of the organizations that ignores their users in favor of letting the community throw out guesses. My issue and what I have found many many others issue to be through the many postings is Windows 10, USB 3 port, TARGUS DOCK120 product Windows absolutely will not recognize that there is a DIsplayLink device on the product/port. The USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports on the dock operate properly. I have not tried the network. I have allowed windows to use whatever driver it decides as well as downloaded and installed drivers from DisplayLink as well as used the cleaner in between experiments. Ironically if I plug the Dock into a USB 2.0 port everything works including the DisplayLink device but of course at 2.0 speeds/etc. One more note I also have a TARGUS ACA40 display adapter which works totally correctly when hooked to the same USB 3.0 port on the same computer no matter the driver arrangement I am experimenting with. So DisplayLink any actual trouble shooters among your ranks?
kgravlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
displaylink win10 usb 3.0