Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
SteinyD

Default 5.2 RC - aborted install impacts video and mouse settings

Last night I decided to install the RC release of the displaylink drivers. As I started the install, I read some comments from individuals who had experienced some issues with it. I decided to abort the install. So at an appropriate place provided by the installer, i clicked to cancel the installation. The installation stopped but it left my mouse settings different than they were before (cursor movement is slow - back to its default acceleration settings) and my aero settings were gone. Glass was no longer glass and the appearence of windows were not the same.

It would appear that the abort or cancel process for the installer does not work well and is not acceptable for me.

My video card is an nvidia 250 based card. My machine is an i7 based processor. My monitors are dual Dell 2408WFP monitors connected via DVI to the nvidia 250 dual head card.

Please advise.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
nayr2

I can confirm that I also had issues with the cancel button. It sat doing nothing after clicking the cancel button. I left it for an hour until forcing a reboot, after which I am no longer able to install the drivers at all. I get a message along the lines of "unable to install displaylink core" and the installation cancels.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
Martin

Hi,

Thanks for your posts. Whilst our installer should restore the system to its former state in the event of an abortive install, something has clearly gone wrong here.

We do not modify mouse settings, but aero glass is stopped for a time and the graphics system is restarted. It is possible that in the case of SteinyD, the graphics system was stopped but for some reason, not restarted. To restart the graphics system, navigate to Control Panel\System and Security\System :: Device Manager and expand the Graphics adapters entry. If the device is disabled, right click on it and select enable. Aero should return after a reboot.

For nayr2, it is possible that the graphics restart request blocked, causing the installation to hang. The reboot then may have caused corruption of some of the installation files, and will now no longer work. Please retry the installation with the latest DisplayLink software, and if not successful, post the installer logs (information available here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=270).

Best Regards,
Martin
DisplayLink
Old 10-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Martin

I should have provided a quick heads up about the final 5.2 release from DisplayLink. It will be available very soon.