Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
thirsh

Default 5.2RC worked... until reboot

Hooked up Kensington docking station to my Acer Aspire One netbook with Windows 7 RTM (32bit) for first time. Installed the 5.2.21123 driver and video was working. Rebooted. No more video. Uninstalled driver. Tried to reinstall driver, but installer says that the software is "already up to date". Rebooted. Windows started doing a driver update. It appeared to have installed version 5.2.21026.0, but... no video. Uninstalled driver. Uninstalled DisplayLink Graphics and Core software from control panel. Rebooted. Kicked off installer for 5.2.21123. Didn't complain about software "already up to date". Ran for a bit and then just disappeared...
Old 10-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
Martin

Hi,

We haven't seen this problem in house, but nethertheless, if you could provide the information I request, I'll raise a bug and see what we can do in time for a future release.

I would first recommend waiting for the final 5.2 release due very soon, otherwise our first advice will be to upgrade. Secondly, make sure your graphics card drivers are up too date.

Next, as soon as the problem rears itself, copy the files you find at C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software\Debug. These debug files provide a log of the drivers behaviour, allowing us to diagnose the problem. You should zip them, and post the zip here.

There are some things you might like to try. If you go to Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools :: Services and look down the list, you should find DisplayLinkService. Restarting this and letting us know whether that makes any difference would be useful. In the same list, you will also find Desktop Window Manager Session Manager. You can also try restarting this.

Best of luck,
Martin
DisplayLink