Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2009, 06:18 AM   #1
iceredwing

Default 5.2RC Issues on my netbook & my desktop

So the issue still exists with my current desktop. Previously my Alpha Driver was working with Catalyst 9.6. When I updated to 9.7 my desktop would only load properly if the Mimo monitor was not plugged in. Once I plugged it in, then it would work. After 9.7 then it just stopped working

With the RC the issue is the same. Nothing loads properly if the Mimo is plugged in during boot, and if I plug it in after then the system hangs. This is of course with a 4870x2, and I am aware of the lack of support to it. It sounds like whatever occured from 9.6+ really messed up your driver progress with (at least with ATI cards) dual card support.

With my netbook, when I install any of the beta releases the program attempts to install... but it seems to hang when the display flickers and my screen remains black until I reset the netbook. My netbook is an asus 1008ha.

I specifically bought this for my netbook since I have very little real estate to work with, so it is a bit annoying it doesn't work with it. Any suggestions?
Old 10-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
Martin

Hi,

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately there was not enough time to significantly improve our multiple graphics adapter support in time for the Windows 7 release. I suggest you try out our final 5.2 release due out very, very soon, but if it doesn't work you'll have to wait until our next offering. There are several improvements penned in for the 5.3 release next year, fingers crossed these will alleviate most problems.

For the installation problem, a graphics restart request appears to have failed, causing the system to hang. Please make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers installed and retry with the latest DisplayLink software. Unplug your displaylink devices before installation.

Best Regards,
Martin
DisplayLink