Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
justin.howard

Unhappy 5.2RC Resets Mode on Vista

This seems a very selective problem. If my computer is locked and I return to it after a few hours the DL mode is reset to mirrored.

I start Windows Vista with:

DL to left as an extended desktop
DL is 1200 x 1600 portrait
ATI FireGL V5200 is primary at 1920x1200
ATI FireGL V5200 as secondary at 1920x1200

I end up with:

DL mirror of desktop
DL/ATI FireDL V5200 primary at 1024x768
ATI FireDL V5200 as secondary at 1920x1200

This is UNBELIEVABLY ANNOYING. I updated to 5.2RC as on Vista 5.1 was so slow compared to Windows XP.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:23 AM   #2
justin.howard

Default More Info

If I manually lock the PC (<Windows Key> + L) then the problem does not occur. I see a violent set of Windows mode changes, but when this has finished the screens are set up as before. I classify the effect as ugly but not catastrophic.

If I let the screen saver kick in, which results in the PC being locked, then things go screwy and on the login screen the DL monitor is now a mirror of the desktop; except the desktop now has the width of the DL monitor and whatever is a sensible height for its landscape layout.

I still suspect this of being random. I'm sure I've let the screen saver kick in before and not had an issue when unlocking.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
Martin

Hi Justin,

Can you please reproduce the problem, and the moment it occurs, could you zip up the log files at C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software\Debug\ so that we can see why the layout is changing.

Best regards,
Martin
DisplayLink