Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 01-11-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
damianinpa

Default UD-3900 Monitor Blink..very odd!

All,
I have a Ud-3900 with 2 monitors connected. One id DVI, the other is VGA going into an adapter of VGA to HDMI. My laptop is ACER. So, I hook up the USB and both monitors come on fine. While sitting at my desk not moving much things are great, but, if I move my chair or get up to walk around my office, the monitors blink. Even more odd and I swear this happens ever time, if my cat walks under my desk (Not touching any wires), the monitors cut out for a few seconds and then come back. Windows is not making any sound indicating driver problem. This is totally bizarre, but, I swear it to be true. I've tightened all the monitor cables and the cables to the Plugable. Has anyone had had an odd situation like this where it cuts out while moving around?

Damian
damianinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
damianinpa

So, this is still happening. No one else has this issue? I can be working all day with no problems. I get up from my desk, no issues. My cat walks under my desk and doesn't hit any wires, both my monitors go out for a few seconds and then come back. This is the strangest thing I've ever seen.
damianinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #3
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Damian,

I would advise purchasing a good quality video cable with ferrite beads.
Because the cut is a couple of seconds, the issue cannot be the display being disconnected from the computer: it takes much longer for everything to react.

So, what you have is likely to be a loss of synchronisation on the video signal.
Chairs are known to create electromagnetic interference. Your cat or you getting up will do the discharge and affect the video signal.
There was a white paper about the chair written in 1993 (A new type of furniture ESD and its implications), not about the cat!

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote