Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2022, 11:29 PM   #1
coledeb

Default Wavlink Displaylink Dock - 1080p 144hz Issue

Hello all! I have recently purchased a Wavlink WL-UG69PD2 dock to use with my Macbook Pro 13" M1 (2020). The dock has 65w PD charging and supports dual 4k 60hz monitors (here is a link to Wavlink's page on it).

I previously was testing with a Plugable Displaylink dock, but purchased this Wavlink after realizing that Plugable's docks only support a max of 60hz regardless of display resolution. I assumed from the bandwidth specifications of this Wavlink that it would be able to support 1080p 144hz, since it can handle dual 4k 60hz.

I am able to select 144hz for both of the monitors in my Macbook's settings, but the monitors will not output > 60hz even with 144hz (or anything else above 60) selected. I even attempted running one monitor over USB C -> HDMI and one through the Wavlink dock; the USB C -> HDMI monitor outputs 144hz without issue but the 1 monitor attached to the Wavlink dock still will not ouput > 60hz. For clarification, I have tested both HDMI and Displayport for both of the monitors attached via the Wavlink dock.

Is this a limitation of the Displaylink technology itself? I also have two Windows machines attached to these monitors, and it is very jarring to suddenly go from 144hz to 60hz!

I appreciate any help in advance.

Last edited by coledeb; 03-15-2022 at 11:50 PM.
coledeb is offline   Reply With Quote