Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2023, 05:32 PM   #1
extreme_frustrated_user

Angry Once again, broken adapter (4th time!!!!)

Dear Customer Support,

I am writing to express my extreme frustration with the WAVLINK USB3.0 to HDMI Universal Video Graphics Adapter that I purchased brand new from Amazon.com. This is the fourth device I've purchased from your company, and once again, it has crapped out on me.

I am at my wit's end trying to figure out what is wrong with this device. I've attempted to connect it directly to my laptop as well as my docking station, but nothing seems to work. It initially worked for the first 3 months, but all of a sudden, the light no longer blinks and the device is not turning on or pushing video output to my monitor. This seems to be the exact same process for each of the 4 times that I've purchased this product.

I'm curious to know what could be causing this issue. Is the device getting shorted out? Or is there a fundamental flaw in the product? I'd appreciate any information you can provide me to help resolve this issue.

As a loyal customer, I would expect your products to be reliable and long-lasting. Unfortunately, my experience with this product has been the opposite. I would appreciate your prompt assistance in resolving this issue, whether it's a replacement or a refund.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
extreme_frustrated_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 03:41 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

I am sorry you are experiencing a problem with a product using our technology.
We are a software and silicon vendor. We do not make any product you can purchase.
Wavlink makes the WAVLINK USB3.0 to HDMI Universal Video Graphics Adapter.
If you want a finished product replacement or refund, you must contact the manufacturer or seller.

The Synaptics chip used in that product has been sold for more than a decade, with tens of millions of units across products. Should it be a real problem with the Synaptics chip, we would have reports.

Synaptics tech support team will happily assist you, provided the hardware is not broken.
To do this, please look at the FAQ detailing how to reach out. The logs will help the support person identify if the device is recognized by the computer and what the next could be. You can mention this thread in your email to them, so they can have an history and see if the device enumerates on the computer.

Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution

Last edited by AlbanRampon; 03-16-2023 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Updated link to tool for macOS
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote