Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 11-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
theallisonhome

Default Screen saver time outs

If this was previously documented, I apologize for the duplication.

I just recently added on the BVU195 DisplayLink adaptor to my Macbook Pro 17-inch with the Intel i7 processor, I’m running Lion, 10.7.2 and the DisplayLink 1.7 b5.

My problems seem to all be centered on the screen saver function. When I log in, it requires the log in an extra time as the first log in take me directly to a screen saver screen which requires another log in. Additionally, every 15 minutes, the screen locks weather I’m typing, moving my mouse or doing nothing. I’ve been able to set a timer and it is exactly 15 minutes which is the time set in my screen saver pref. I changed the time to 30 minutes and the automatic screen changed. To prevent frustration, I moved it up to an hour. Are there any other reports of the screen saver activating even when in use? Could there be another preference or add in that could be causing a conflict?

What can I do to help evaluate this problem further?

Thank you,
Old 11-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
ChristianP

Unfortunately it's not a known issue. Could you please use the debug tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and post the output file?
After collecting logs, could you also try to uninstall 1.7b5 and install the 1.7b4 driver and see if the problem is still there?
Thanks