Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Mac 2.1 release

Old 10-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
BMT

Default 2.1 - Second Beta?

Dear DisplayLink,

Are you planning on releasing a second beta driver any time soon?

With Mavericks expected to be released this week, I am extremely disappointed with the performance of my DisplayLink adapter on the Mavericks GM - it is laggy to the point of being almost completely unusable.

I move my cursor around using my Magic Trackpad and it almost looks like it jumps from one place to the next; that's how slow the screen is to update now. The only possible use I can think of that might work on my second monitor (first being plugged into the mini displayport) for the moment is viewing extremely static content such as via Mac Mail. For anything with some sort of animation it is now next to useless.

Many Thanks
BMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
jasgg_dplnk

I Second this. I m thinking returning mine. I still have 6 days left.
jasgg_dplnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
jmboily

I agree, it's very disappointing, Mavericks release date will probably be in the next few days and it looks like we'll need to wait for updating. The most frustrating part in all of that is that we don't even have an ETA coming from the DisplayLink team for the release of the next beta version that corrects the important bugs found in the first one.

Having known that update would be so slow to come with little to no feedback from the developers I would have chosen to pay more $$$ and buy a different brand of display adapters. Mavericks developer previews have been available since the month of July, it's not like if Apple announced the new software at the last minute.
jmboily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
jasgg_dplnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmboily View Post
I agree, it's very disappointing, Mavericks release date will probably be in the next few days and it looks like we'll need to wait for updating. The most frustrating part in all of that is that we don't even have an ETA coming from the DisplayLink team for the release of the next beta version that corrects the important bugs found in the first one.

Having known that update would be so slow to come with little to no feedback from the developers I would have chosen to pay more $$$ and buy a different brand of display adapters. Mavericks developer previews have been available since the month of July, it's not like if Apple announced the new software at the last minute.
I agree, but which ones?
I have 2 Dell U2713H & HM monitors, all other adapters I saw where to a lower resolution ... I'm confused.

I could by two Thunderbolt displays, but that is a stupidity amount of money since this ones use the very same panel and tech and cost the half.

Is there any adapter for DVI dual that can support this higher resolutions?
Old 10-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
gilesmartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasgg_dplnk View Post
I agree, but which ones?
I have 2 Dell U2713H & HM monitors, all other adapters I saw where to a lower resolution ... I'm confused.

I could by two Thunderbolt displays, but that is a stupidity amount of money since this ones use the very same panel and tech and cost the half.

Is there any adapter for DVI dual that can support this higher resolutions?
yes, see the matrox dualhead2go. Its not without its drawbacks and it can be rather pricey:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/pr...go/digital_me/
gilesmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
jasgg_dplnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesmartin View Post
yes, see the matrox dualhead2go. Its not without its drawbacks and it can be rather pricey:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/pr...go/digital_me/
Thank you.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
displaylinker

Shouldn't the final be available by now, instead of second beta?
displaylinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:13 AM   #8
mkormendy

Default Fixed for me!

They just released a new stable version 2.1 on November 1st! .. all of the speed lagginess has been fixed, especially with the mouse, and as well rendering issues I had with Mountain Lion on some window graphics for applications like Messages are all fixed too! WOOHOO!

FYI: Earlier, I turned off the multiple menubars on all screens and haven't turned it back on after trying out this latest driver, so I don't know if issues with that specifically have been fixed yet.
mkormendy is offline   Reply With Quote