Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-09-2014, 11:41 PM   #1
zuziaka

Default Macbook Air 2013- Dyna Dock U3 + 3 displays

Hello there,
Anyone tried use three displays on Macbook Air mid-2013? One from built display port, next two from DVI and HDMI built in Dyna Dock. What about performence? Worth it for office work? Spreadshits, some PDFs etc.

Thanks for reply.
zuziaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
kenniki

DisplayLink is shit on Mac right now. Be prepared to use Windows or just don't buy into this crap at all until they get their shit fixed.
kenniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:57 PM   #3
itadmincrbc

Mid 2013 Macbook Air does not work AT ALL with 3 displays. It doesn't even work with 2. I have to use one on Display port and one on the dock, and even with this setup, the whole thing loses the configuration for no reason, changes the main monitor, etc at random.
itadmincrbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #4
alphadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by itadmincrbc View Post
Mid 2013 Macbook Air does not work AT ALL with 3 displays. It doesn't even work with 2. I have to use one on Display port and one on the dock, and even with this setup, the whole thing loses the configuration for no reason, changes the main monitor, etc at random.
It works for me with 2 displays - one HDMI and one DVI via the Dynadock. I choose to use one via displayport though. With 2 displays, my config is never lost, but I can't close the lid on the laptop as it doesn't treat the displaylink monitors in the same way as if you have an external monitor on displayport.

But there are plenty of issues with mac, so I would not buy a dynadock for this until Apple or Displaylink offer a better experience.

Dynadock works great on Windows, and seems to work better then the no-name displaylink hardware on mac.
alphadog is offline   Reply With Quote