Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-16-2016, 08:30 PM   #1
xiamgix

Default 3rd monitor Mac Mini late 2012

Hello

I bought a USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter to try and use it for a 3rd monitor. I installed the drivers, computer reset. i installed the application, computer reset. now it comes back on and i cannot get anything to work with the 3rd monitor. my 2 originals work just fine but i cannot get this adapter to work. in the application folder there is a display link folder is there but the only thing in that folder is the uninstall app. so any help would be great.
xiamgix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:11 AM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi,

The best thing is to first check that your USB to HDMI product is indeed based on DisplayLink and the second thing is to check you have installed our latest drivers from displaylink downloads: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/osx

If all looks all right, open a bug at support.displaylink.com

Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:40 PM   #3
xiamgix

i bought the adapter and it came with a CD with display link software. i just downloaded the new software, looked identical to the last install and still nothing on the 3rd monitor.

Here is the adapter i bought
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

do you know if my mac mini can even handle 3 monitors? thats what i am trying to achieve. the other two screens were plug and play through the HDMI on the mac and the other though a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter. i was hoping this USB to HDMI adapter would also just be plug and play
xiamgix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:27 AM   #4
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I've been out a few days.

It's really hard to tell with this product but I don't think it's based on DisplayLink. The reviews are... how to say... unusual for one of our customers' products, even the smaller brands.

The driver support link points to a driver (Windows only) from a different USB solution. Not sure if they offer Mac drivers, the description says Windows only.

So I don't think it's DisplayLink sorry.

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote