Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
otto

Default Question about warranty replacement process

As a business customer, I use my Targus USB 3.0 docking station every day at the office. When I was finally fed up with unplugging/re-plugging my docking station power no fewer than 5-10 times each morning to get my external monitors to display, I found this forum and discovered this was a known defective with certain models of this docking station. Mine is one of them. I opened a case with Customer Support and now I am being told that I have to pay for return shipping to send the defective unit to Targus for replacement. I am also told the warranty return process will take up to 10 business days to process the replacement before a replacement docking station is shipped back to me.

Is what I'm being told by Targus Customer Service correct? If so, is this really the expectation that Targus customers should have in this scenario? I mean, this is a known product defect. Most enterprise-oriented companies I have dealt with in the past on known defective products, particularly the ones that are not limited to the rare few units but rather entire runs of the product, have bent over backwards to make things right. Making your customers pay for return shipping? Ridiculous. Requiring the process to take over two business weeks to fulfill the warranty of a known product defect? Ouch.

What gives?
otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:34 PM   #2
TargusLevel3

Default Call the DocKtor

Otto,
I suggest contacting the DocKtor. See targusblog.com for contact information.
TargusLevel3 is offline   Reply With Quote