Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-13-2019, 10:49 PM   #1
Ats328

Default Issues with iOS ver 10.14.3 Beta

I'm not sure about other people on this forum but I started noticing after the iOS 10.14.3 beta (possibly even 10.14.2) upgrade that if I rebooted my MacBook Air (mid-2013) I had issues.
If the USB3 was left in I would hear the apple chime on start up and would just be left with a blank screen. I "hard re-booted" same thing. At first I thought it was my mac, however as soon as I unplugged the Displaylink the apple logo would appear and then I would get the logon... If I plugged the displaylink back in to type my password (keyboard is naturally connected to my display link) I could type my password, hit enter then the computer word do nothing... I'd unplug the usb3 again and it would start decrypting. Once everything was loaded, everything would work as normal.

I'm using the 5.0.1 driver.
- I've tried uninstalling it, rebooting and reinstalling (no luck)
- I've tried uninstalling 5.0.1 and installed 4.3.6 beta (no luck)
- I've checked extensions in the system report and Displaylink is on
- I've checked using different usb cables (no luck)
- I've checked different usb3 ports (no luck)

One thing that does work w/o having to unplug it is to just leave the notebook and wake it from sleep mode. However I still find that waking from sleep mode my apple watch won't unlock the mac if the external monitor is plugged in. It will only unlock if it's directly plugged into my mac rendering the hdmi port on the displaylink sort of useless. I want to unplug one plug and go.

I'm guessing this is likely a problem with most and wondering if anyone has found a workaround so I can leave it plugged to the usb3 and reboot. I'm assuming this is a security measure from apple and or a new issue for the Displaylink programmers. I wanted to point this out given my macbook air is a 2013 and noticed 2018 macbook users seem to have the same issues. got to be a software thing and not hardware.

Thanks in advance to the team at Displaylink. I love your dock and want to keep it humming
Ats328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:17 PM   #2
Eygon

I'm still getting issues with some of my applications on the latest update, and I'm sure I will face more with iOS 15. I saw today's presentation about the new iOS, and I think it's having a lot of improvement. I hope that most of the issues regarding battery will be solved fast as I'm planning to create my own application soon, and I wouldn't like for people to complain thinking that my application drains the battery off! I am developing my app with cubycode.com, and when I mentioned the specifications and the bad publicity from such occurrences, they were more than happy to assist me and back-test everything to make sure it will not be an issue!

Last edited by Eygon; 06-08-2021 at 12:43 AM.
Eygon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.0 beta, boot, external display, ios 10.14.3 beta, unlock