Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
klutzak

Default Mavericks 10.9.1 beta

Apple released a beta seed of Mavericks 10.9.1 which contained a fix for 'Graphics Drivers'.

Is this expected to resolve the remaining issues with the DL driver 2.1 and Mavericks?
klutzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
alphadog

I just installed 10.9.1 and so far so good. I had lots of problems and all didn't manifest right away, but no new issues yet.

The status bar is now correct on all monitors. I have one DVI and one HDMI connected to a dynadock u3.0.

The latest "beta" from Apple is 13B35. Apparently lots of devs have had problems downloading using the apple tools, so one of the devs posted a direct link - it is on an apple server and downloads fine in Chrome.

Check out the apple developer forums (login required) and search for 13B35.

https://devforums.apple.com/message/920835#920835
alphadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
alphadog

I spoke too soon. Did some experimenting with undocking, etc. and could not get monitors back at all. Had to reboot. When it came back, screens were in wrong place and I still have issues with status bar icons on top of each other on middle monitor.

I would say that nothing is fixed.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
alphadog

oh, and don't reboot with the dock connected.... MBA came up with bb of death, and username/login/logo all on top of each other and no input from MBA or external - but external monitors did light up.

Had to reboot without dock attached.

Apple might have fixed some things, but it looks like Displaylink needs to update their drivers too.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
dontheman

Default Disappointing

Its disappointing to hear that the next update from Apple does not appear to resolve any of the issues. I am BARELY getting by with my monitor set up and it CLEARLY does not function as well as it did before Mavericks. It appears to be a combination of complications, some due to Mavericks and some that DisplayLink can resolve. Any word on when DisplayLink will put out a new version?
dontheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
alphadog

The behavior issues are definitely related to having multiple monitors vs. one monitor. With one monitor using display link, i can unplug and rebplug the USB3 doc and get back the one monitor. With 2 monitors using displaylink via dock, if u undock, then a reboot is the only thing that will get display back. One displaylink monitor and one connected via mini displayport works fine and has no corruption in menu bar either.

I don't see how this could be an apple issue when non-displaylink connections (even multiple monitors) work fine
Old 11-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
alphadog

One more thing... Google Chrome hangouts - this launches mini chrome windows - there is one many window that lists all your conversations, and each conversation has its own window. If the browser window is 12" x 12" then the Hangouts windows are about 2" x 3" -

Clicking on the link to open hangouts, I get the main 2x3 window on my laptop. If I open a conversation in a 2x3 window and move it to a big display (Displaylink connected) it drags over fine, but dragging the main parent window over, i get a black rectangle and the main 2x3 window reappears on the laptop. I can keep moving these around or opening new conversations, and eventually i can get them all on the display link monitor, but not without a lot of black rectangles or chrome windows that vanish back to the laptop.

Tags
10.9.1, 2.1, mavericks