Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-29-2019, 08:32 PM   #1
nickkahn

Angry Upgraded to 10.4 (Majave) - Display lost - HELP PLEASE!!!!

I'm using DisplayLink adapter for my second monitor which is plugged in with USB 3 and my Macbook Air upgraded to 10.4 (Majave), after I upgrade second monitor stopped working I spent hours last night trying to figuring out but no avail, finally I'm posting here thinking that someone would have already gone through this trail and might show me direction or help.

Here is what I have done so far:

"If your DisplayLink enabled device does not seem to work on 10.14, this is most likely due to the OS blocking our kernel extension. Please ensure our kernel extension is enabled by the OS as described in our FAQ: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1188004"

So I checked kernel extension, on my Macbook says is "Loadable = Yes"

Firstly, I make sure that I've granted permission for the DisplayLink drivers to fully install under System Preferences > Security & Privacy. and I don't see anything that is blocked or anything.

The next thing I did was going through the AirPlay settings and making sure everything is set up there

Is there anything else do I need to do ?
nickkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:00 AM   #2
Szymon
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Could you please shortly describe your setup, i.e. what is your Mac, exact macOS version and connected devices. Just to ensure: have you upgraded SW to the latest available version from here: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/macos?

Regards,
Szymon
Szymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:23 AM   #3
Skywalker

I have exactly the same problem after upgrading to 10.14.4 Beta (18E174f) Both of my external monitors seem to work, but only show a black screen with the cursor. The displays are recognised ok, are in the same order with the same settings as before.

I'm running the latest DisplayLink 5.0.1, I check all the settings as suggested just like Nickkahn above.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote