Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-02-2018, 12:35 PM   #1
shad0wca7

Default [SOLVED] "Could not connect to DisplayLink"

I've followed the instructions to the letter, restarted several times. Using the latest (Beta 5 drivers). The DisplayLink User Agent has correct permissions in security settings..

When I plug in the DisplayLink, my external monitors go to clone mode and I get a notification stating the same. The AirPlay icon is visible as I have an AppleTV in the home however DisplayLink is not selected / activated on this so I'm unable to chose to extend my desktop.

When I select DisplayLink, nothing happens for a while and then I get a popup saying 'Could not connect to "DisplayLink"' - as in the attachment.

I figured that having one external display would be better than nothing but this isn't working at all.. Any idea what is going on?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 12.35.10.jpg (8.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by shad0wca7; 06-02-2018 at 06:11 PM.
shad0wca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
shad0wca7

It seems to be working now. I think it wasn't working because of a perculiarity with my system - I use Bartender so the Airplay icon is usually hidden - preventing the DisplayLink Helper from doing its job in a timely manner when the displaylink device was plugged in.

All working now - one extra screen is better than none!
Old 06-20-2018, 10:20 PM   #3
aLTeReGo

I'm having the same issue. Any other theories why it suddenly just started working for you? I too have followed the directions to the letter and am still receiving the error "Could not connect to "DisplayLink"".
aLTeReGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #4
shad0wca7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLTeReGo View Post
I'm having the same issue. Any other theories why it suddenly just started working for you? I too have followed the directions to the letter and am still receiving the error "Could not connect to "DisplayLink"".
I’m still having this issue intermittently. I can’t really figure it out. Sometimes unplugging and plugging it back in quickly works. But not for me right now.. pretty irritating.