Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-11-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
rmandelbaum

Default Only one of my two external monitors now work

My mac OS updated on my Mac Book Pro to 10.13.5. My multiple displays stopped working. I downloaded the lates version of Displaylink (beta), this partly solved the problem. I have the primary mac book display one one of my external displays stretched, this is what . want. The other external display is mirrored and is not sin the the arrangement tab. I only see two, the main and the one external that is acting as I want.

I should add I am using a Targus USB docking device that is DisplayLink enabled

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
rmandelbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:10 AM   #2
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post
My mac OS updated on my Mac Book Pro to 10.13.5. My multiple displays stopped working. I downloaded the lates version of Displaylink (beta), this partly solved the problem. I have the primary mac book display one one of my external displays stretched, this is what . want. The other external display is mirrored and is not sin the the arrangement tab. I only see two, the main and the one external that is acting as I want.

Currently, in 10.13.3 and above, the only way it will work is the way it works for you. If you need your monitors and cannot wait for the fix from Displaylink, which has been under development for a long time now, the only choice you have is to downgrade.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #3
fredric100

Default Same Problem: 2xUSB, 1xDisplayPort (HDMI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post

I have the same problem.

When I connect a SECOND external monitor via USB (DisplayLink) to my MacBook Pro, it mirrors my primary monitor. I cannot configure it as a desktop extension. Only the first USB (DisplayLink) monitor will function as a desktop extension.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
OSX High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)
fredric100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
warlockuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredric100 View Post
I have the same problem.

When I connect a SECOND external monitor via USB (DisplayLink) to my MacBook Pro, it mirrors my primary monitor. I cannot configure it as a desktop extension. Only the first USB (DisplayLink) monitor will function as a desktop extension.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
OSX High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)
Yup, you're hosed for that.

I've currently got a dock on one Thunderbolt 2 port which has a displayport to a monitor and then a displaylink usb adapter to a second monitor.

My third monitor which also used a USB I had to use a cable straight to the other thunderbolt 2 slot until they fix them. Just one extra cable, first world problems etc, but really not ideal.
warlockuk is offline   Reply With Quote