Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-09-2022, 05:28 AM   #1
ilikebagels

Unhappy Displays not waking after mac m1 sleeps

I am running two monitors on a:

M1 MBP 2020
Monterey 12.1
HP USB-C/A universal dock G2

The displays work great, however whenever the mac goes to sleep, if I am away for more than 10 minutes, the displays do not wake up.
I've tried shutting down the dock, the monitors, unplugging cables etc and nothing seems to work.

The only solution is to restart the mac.

Has anyone had this issue with this dock before and/or similar and has some things to try to solve it?

Much appreciated.
ilikebagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 05:06 PM   #2
mus.abdi

Default M1

I have same issue with M1 when machine goes to sleep it does not wake up, only way to fix issue is reboot

running 12.5 Mac OS with 1.71 app
mus.abdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:49 AM   #3
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebagels View Post
I am running two monitors on a:

M1 MBP 2020
Monterey 12.1
HP USB-C/A universal dock G2

The displays work great, however whenever the mac goes to sleep, if I am away for more than 10 minutes, the displays do not wake up.
I've tried shutting down the dock, the monitors, unplugging cables etc and nothing seems to work.

The only solution is to restart the mac.

Has anyone had this issue with this dock before and/or similar and has some things to try to solve it?

Much appreciated.
Hello

Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

Best Regards
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 04:54 PM   #4
omundy

Default Potential (temporary) fix until DisplayLink can

I have a Mac M1 2020 13" with MacOS Big Sur 11.6.8 and am having the similar issues with the monitors blacking out.

First I noticed this when I tried to wake the Mac up from sleep. For a bit I thought the only fix was to do a hard restart. Later I realized that I just need to unplug the USB-C cable going to the DisplayLink and the computer wakes up.

The bigger, related issue, is that the monitors (two Dell monitors attached via HDMI) black out WHILE I'm WORKING.
1. Sometimes the monitors black out and the windows move to the laptop.
1. About 50% of the time ALL screens black out, including the laptop.

There is information about this problem here, with one person saying it is related to office chair movement, and another stating that it is from EMF interference in the cables.
https://support.displaylink.com/foru...ing-out-solved

UPDATE:
I might have just found this happens because the monitors (via displaylink) are telling the computer to go to sleep. So I tap a key on the laptop keyboard and it wakes up and all the screens come back on. I just enabled "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" in System Preferences > Battery and have not seen the issue for almost 30 minutes!
omundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 09:47 PM   #5
omundy

Default Turn on "Prevent computer from sleeping when the display is off" to fix

After five days I have seen neither of the two above issues I mention. This is the the fix.

In System Preferences > Battery > Power Adapter, check "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off"
omundy is offline   Reply With Quote