Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2015, 10:23 AM   #40
TNgirt

Hi,

Im having this issue with NVIDIA control panel.

My system:
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (Desktop PC)
NVIDIA Geforce 580GTX
Asus MB
AMD Processor
2x Dell Ultrasharp monitors
1x MIMO 720S monitor USB

Drivers:
Latest MB drivers from AMD/ATI
Latest NVIDIA Geforce Drivers (no geforce experience installed) v.350.12 WHQL
Latest DisplayLink driver v.7.7

Problem description:
Short, i can't open Nvidia control panel. Nothing happens when i click the menu or control panel icon. When i unplug my MIMO 720S USB monitor, Nvidia control panel opens and is working just fine. If i plug usb monitor back, nvidia control panel won't open.

I've tried to re-install all drivers, re-install all drivers in safe-mode, remove and clean all installed drivers in safe-mode (with guru3d DDU) and then re-install both in safe-mode and in normally at desktop. No help. Problem persists. I've performed total system re-install and installed first MB drivers, Nvidia and last displaylink, but same problem continues. Also tried to install nvidia drivers with geforce experience. Geforce experience works but problem with nvidia control panel continues.

I've contacted to Nvidia support but got no reply.

Please help, i'd really like to continue using my usb monitor but its getting difficult to have it removed each time i want to adjust nvidia settings!

Odd thing is that i don't get any kind of error message anywhere. Eventvwr is blank as whiteboard when this problem occurs. Is there a way to debug displaylink driver some way? Any way to make it log events?

Thanks for otherways great product!

Please ask if you need any other information from me to help in solving this problem!

Last edited by TNgirt; 04-27-2015 at 10:56 AM. Reason: edit: typo and add information of geforce experience
TNgirt is offline   Reply With Quote