Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-26-2014, 07:52 AM   #1
reinkcar

Default 10.9.2 and still nothing works

So we have 10.9.2 out now and still my DisplayLink setup (MBP 2011 + 2 DL driven displays ASUS VVW223B) sucks big time.

It's four months now, and still DL and Apple seem to ignore the issues.

Is there any chance to see DL working with OS X 10.9.x sometime soon?

What's DL position? What are you doing DL? All I see and hear from you is a big nothing?

I need a solution. For any potential new DL customers I could only advise to keep away from any DL-driven product!
reinkcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:22 PM   #2
gtgweb

Default work around

This may not work for everyone but i have found a solution for my application. I have MB 2012 and i run 2 24" dell monitors. Native resolution is 1920 x 1080. I run the DL monitor in 1600 x 900 and the main monitor is via thunderbolt HDMI and i have been able to keep all three monitors including MB display up for 4 days no issue.

I do not restart my laptop at end of day i unplug bring home and then next AM open and plug it all back in. My DL link monitor is used for screen sharing so the resolution still comes out at 1920 when displayed in full screen.

I think this points to the issue is with DL running hi resolution in the MB because if i run 1920 windows server crashed and the monitor goes blank but still reports in so my apps are on a blank screen.

As i said it works for what i am doing but without a RDP session i wouldn't find it useful at 1600 x 900. Hope this helps.
gtgweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:11 AM   #3
timw

I had to uninstall the DisplayLink drivers after updating to 10.9.2 because they were causing a core OS component to crash rendering skype, facetime and google hangouts inoperative. ATM, my DisplayLink adapter is back in the box, unused.

More details, and log output can be found here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=30&tstart=0

Last edited by timw; 02-28-2014 at 08:14 AM.
timw is offline   Reply With Quote