Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 09-23-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
JayAyliff

Default Targus ACP70EU dock not working but Dell D3000 is.

I bought a ACP70EU dock to go with a new Dell Precision M3800 issued by my company. The machine already came with a Dell D3000 docking station which looks exactly the same as the ACP70EU and works perfectly, but the company won't buy me one to use at home, hence my purchase. OS is Windows 8 and the machine is less than a month old, so all drivers should be up to date.

The ACP70EU network and video connectors do not work though the USB connectors do. I went through the troubleshooting instructions at http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896. The DisplayLink service is working but there is no entry in Device Manager for USB Display Adapters.

I tried downloading the DisplayLink support tool at http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109 but my system won't let me run a .com file.

Does this look like dodgy hardware or incompatible driver versions? If drivers how do I get the ACP70EU to work at home and the D3000 to work at the office?
JayAyliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:57 PM   #2
TargusLevel3

Default Dodgy Hardware I Suspect

JayAliff,

It appears, as you on the other side of the ocean put it, you have "dodgy" hardware. Please exchange the dock for another making sure the Item number is "61" or greater as shown on the bottom of the dock.

DocKtor
www.targusblog.com
TargusLevel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
JayAyliff

DocKtor, that is bad news as I bought the thing secondhand on eBay so no warranty and no returns.

When you say "dodgy" do you mean broken or just incompatible because of age? The item number on the base is 51.

Thanks,

Jay
JayAyliff is offline   Reply With Quote