Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-23-2014, 02:04 AM   #1
bpalfaro

Default Slow Network Performance - Targus Universal USB 3.0 DV Docking Station with Power

How often does the issue occur? The issue occurs during any internet function performed - web browsing, remote desktop, etc. I am not using ethernet. This is the wifi card.

How do you invoke the issue? If I plug the docking station via the USB 3.0 port, the network starts to lag immensely. Websites visibly take a long time to load.

How do you recover from the issue? I unplug the docking station.

Was the issue present in older versions of DisplayLink software? I just received my product in the mail today.

How are you connected to the DisplayLink device? Directly or through a USB hub? Directly with the provided USB 3.0 cable.

Zip file attached for debugging. Targus model is ACP71USZ.

Thanks,
Bryan Alfaro
Attached Files
File Type: zip ALFIE-2014_20140722_193738.zip (891.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by bpalfaro; 07-23-2014 at 05:13 AM.
bpalfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

As a first step can you check if you are experiencing this issue:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=340

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #3
bpalfaro

James,

Sorry for the late response. I guess I am not setup to receive messages for replies.

I do not have a wireless keyboard or mouse. They are both USB. The wireless router resides in a room on the other side of the house at this point.

Anything new come along over the last couple of weeks?

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 08-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #4
Wim

I believe you have the problem that James refers to. The USB 3.0 traffic to the dock is causing interference that your Wifi card is picking up and slowing down the network transfers.

A way to check is to swap from a USB 3.0 cable to a USB 2.0 cable and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then there is USB 3.0 interference coming from your dock.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
bpalfaro

I do not have a USB 2.0 cable in the box.

So, based on the article James sent, I turned off 2.4ghz on my wireless card and switched to 5ghz only. This seems to work and doesn't have the poor and jumpy network performance. My router is not ideally placed for 5ghz operation which is a different problem to deal with so my wireless strength is poor. I may still be slightly affected by the USB 3.0 connection based on the article.

Instead, let me ask this, how would I "shield" the docking station? If my only option is a hardwired cable I am not sure I will keep the product as this is not possible.

Thanks,
Bryan

Tags
network, targus