Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-20-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
KJS

Default MacOS 10.13.6 + v4.3 beta 5 - AirDisplay won't turn on, can't extend desktop

I'm running a MacBook Pro on 10.13.6 connected to a Dell MKS14 docking station + monitor. It was working fine up until 10.13.3.

I followed the instructions to set up the v4.3 beta 5 driver. The DisplayLinkUserAgent has permission to control my computer and the Airplay icon is in the system tray.

The screen is mirrored onto my DisplayLink monitor but I am unable to change it to extended desktop. Airplay is set to "Off" and when I try to connect it to DisplayLink, the screen flashes a few times and it looks like AirDisplay is turning on but then reverts to the Off setting.

How can I get AirDisplay to connect to DisplayLink so I can use extended desktop?

Screenshot 2018-08-20_10-01-38.jpg
Screenshot 2018-08-20_10-07-35.jpg

Edit: I realised I hadn't ticked the box for granting permission. Tried that and things got way worse... screens still mirrored but resolution increased and mouse would only move on left half of the screen.

Thanks

Last edited by KJS; 08-20-2018 at 10:21 AM.
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #2
KJS

Seems to be working after unplugging the docking station and plugging back in. Panic over!
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #3
warlockuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Seems to be working after unplugging the docking station and plugging back in. Panic over!
Yeah, I often have this now - sometimes I unplug and the laptop screen's resolution goes nuts, plugging back in and I get weird resolutions + screen mirroring.

Swapping Thunderbolt 2 ports often sorts it out.

Still frustrating, though, I've got a monitor at 90 degrees that I can't use and the main 1920x1200 monitors show at 1080
warlockuk is offline   Reply With Quote