Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-12-2018, 04:50 PM   #1
vdiaz1130

Default OSX Will not Boot After Installing Drivers

I installed the DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Mac OS X and macOS 4.3.1 on my MB Pro 2014 Edition running Sierra 10.12.6. When prompted to restart, a log message appeared on the screen stating it was "Waiting for remote debugger connect" (see attached startupLogMsg01.jpg).

startupLogMsg01.jpg

After a few minutes of hanging on that screen, I restarted the machine while holding down "cmd+r" which allowed me to start Disk Utility. Inspecting the hard drive, the used space is exactly that of the capacity (see attached maxCapacity01.jpg and maxCapacity02.jpg).

maxCapacity01.jpg

maxCapacity02.jpg

How can I get my machine to start up again?
vdiaz1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
vdiaz1130

For anyone here running into the same or similar problem, I ended up starting up OS X in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while the computer started up. I was able to login in and uninstall the drivers using the uninstall app that comes with DisplayLink drivers. After uninstalling I was able to login and work as normal.

For the folks here at DisplayLink, that was not a very good experience. I spent the day trying to figure out how I was going to get my data out before I formatted my drive and reinstalled the operating system. Thankfully it occurred to me try safe mode before going that route or the route of installing a new drive altogether.
vdiaz1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:30 AM   #3
Splaquet

Default Same problem!!!

I'm in the same boat! Totally ruined my day

My problem is that I cannot boot to safe mode. I'm on a Mac Pro desktop with a non Mac video card... so safe mode simply isn't booting.

Rescue mode is though. Hopefully I can find somewhere on this board that tells me I can delete something to fix this stupid problem?!?!
Splaquet is offline   Reply With Quote