Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release

Old 04-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #21
Claus Stadel

Unhappy Same problem

I have the same problem. Really need a fix soon! Using a Soundgraph FingerVU 436 monitor for my project at the university, so really need an update. Would be very unhappy if I'm forced to run it on Windows...
Old 04-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #22
pdimarzio

In my two-monitor config the horizontal screen is driven by Apple's mini/DVI adapter and the vertical is (well, was) driven by an IOGEAR USB/DVI adapter using the DisplayLink driver. I've had to turn the DisplayLink screen horizontal because of this bug (the driver still works with no rotation).

Just out of curiosity though I tried rotating the Apple-driven screen and it worked like a champ. I can't really use this setup though because it seems like the screen driven off the mini port will always be the primary, which I don't want vertical, but I found it interesting that the OS can still do a 90 or 270 rotation but the DL driver cannot.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #23
MCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Stadel View Post
I have the same problem. Really need a fix soon! Using a Soundgraph FingerVU 436 monitor for my project at the university, so really need an update. Would be very unhappy if I'm forced to run it on Windows...
You should consider rolling back to 10.6.2 then, especially if your project work depends on it. To be honest, though, I wouldn't be using beta software on a machine I'm doing critical project work on. Nor would I be updating anything once I know the machine is at least functioning stably. You're just asking for trouble.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #24
MCV

Just curious -- of those having issues, how many applied the update through SOFTWARE UPDATE? Has anyone tried downloading the 10.6.3 Combo Update and reinstalling?

Download here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1017
Old 04-07-2010, 02:20 AM   #25
kristjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV View Post
Just curious -- of those having issues, how many applied the update through SOFTWARE UPDATE? Has anyone tried downloading the 10.6.3 Combo Update and reinstalling?

Download here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1017
Did that, no joy. My MIMO 710 still shows a garbled and squished desktop in portrait mode.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #26
Admin
Administrator/Beta Program Coordinator

Hi All,

I just wanted to update you all, just in case you thought we had forgotten about in at DisplayLink HQ.

So we are still investigating the issue, and its proving to be pretty challenging, as right now Apple have yet to document what they have changed in the area that affects us. Therefore we are having to do some pretty in depth rummaging around to find out what has caused this issue.

As I've said before we are looking at this issue and are trying to find a resolution as quickly as possible.

Regards

Seb
Old 04-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #27
seattleDev

Default same

I have two portrait-mode monitors on the sides of my main monitors -- same garbled rotation issues as others have noted with 10.6.3. I LOVE the product -- look forward to a fix. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #28
joet3ch

Thanks for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Hi All,

I just wanted to update you all, just in case you thought we had forgotten about in at DisplayLink HQ.

So we are still investigating the issue, and its proving to be pretty challenging, as right now Apple have yet to document what they have changed in the area that affects us. Therefore we are having to do some pretty in depth rummaging around to find out what has caused this issue.

As I've said before we are looking at this issue and are trying to find a resolution as quickly as possible.

Regards

Seb
Old 04-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #29
MAOJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV View Post
You should consider rolling back to 10.6.2 then, especially if your project work depends on it. To be honest, though, I wouldn't be using beta software on a machine I'm doing critical project work on. Nor would I be updating anything once I know the machine is at least functioning stably. You're just asking for trouble.
timemachine is your friend in this instance!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #30
kristjan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Hi All,

Regards

Seb
Don't worry, I know what Apple (and Microsoft for that matter) can be like. I've had both of them ignore bug-reports and change API's on me without documenting what they did often enough to feel your pain.