Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #21
heythisisdave

Hi Kim - any possibility that DisplayLink will open source the drivers for this? I just got one of the Diamond ones and while it really is pretty awesome what you guys are able to do, the lack of 3d acceleration is particularly noticeable on the Mac OS.

Also, I would consider the Mac people to be a bigger growth area than the Windows ones since you can't really solve this problem on Mac any other way (no docking stations etc). Also, with so many people getting the MBPs I'd think it's a pretty sizable market.

I like it since my main use case is text editing (programming) but every now and then the Expose hits and it definitely takes away from the experience.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:47 AM   #22
MikeKulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastahype View Post
I'll be happy to setup a blog or wiki of some sorts for displaylinksucks.com. While I have seen them at least pop in to reply, the frequency is abysmal with months of gaps between replies. It seems like they only provide support within a couple weeks of the latest beta, which does seem to have a Duke Nukem Forever style "indefinite" release schedule. While it's clear that Apple has had a part to play with some of the issues, I believe the primary issues lie squarely on Displaylink's side. It wouldn't be as much of an issue if they just provided timely feedback and responses. Ignoring users just makes them look shady.

I'll work on getting a site up within the next couple weeks. I don't intend for it to bash Displaylink, but to serve as an open forum for users to post their experiences and opinions for potential buyers of their products for Macs. It can also hopefully be a location to find the current "state of affairs" for the mac drivers. If Displaylink fixes the issues, the site would likely reflect that and be very positive and supportive.
Please do, I think it would be good to light a bit of fire so to speak. If it works and they fix the drivers then your site can become an advertisement for displaylink.