Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-06-2020, 02:31 AM   #1
gte037p

Default Macbook Pro 2020 OS 10.15.7 - "No Monitor Detected"

I've recently purchased the TOTU USB-C 4K Triple Display Docking Station after reading that it worked with MacBook Pro 2020 (non M1).

Unfortunately, out of the box, it is not detecting the displays. It does power the Macbook Pro and it works as a USB Hub, but it doesn't detect the displays.

Additionally, the system doesn't prompt for Screen Recording Permissions, as suggested, under "System Preferences" --> "Security & Privacy" --> Privacy --> Screen Recording to add Displaylink nor can I find a way to force this to occur.

Needless to say I am frustrated and wondering if anyone has any advice.

I've tried using the previous versions prior to "DisplayLink Manager" to no avail.
gte037p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:29 AM   #2
Syed

Default Same Issue

Hi, were you able to solve this issue. I'm in the exact same place as you, I have a G5 HP dock and my monitors are just mirroring each other.

my DisplayLink manager says no monitor detected. Is this because my dock isn't DisplayLink compatible? Could it be that this is a corporate machine and isn't allowing this to work?

I've tried all the different drivers and even updating the dock firmware, I feel like this should not be so difficult, any other machine would just work off the bat with this dock, why are macs so extra.
Syed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:02 PM   #3
gte037p

I'm returning the Totu unit and bought the Anker and Caldigital both with 1 day shipping and free returns on amazon. The Anker is plug and play, but is quite hot, but I'm planning on keeping it.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:40 PM   #4
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gte037p View Post
I'm returning the Totu unit and bought the Anker and Caldigital both with 1 day shipping and free returns on amazon. The Anker is plug and play, but is quite hot, but I'm planning on keeping it.
I am sorry to hear that you decided to return the prodct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed View Post
Hi, were you able to solve this issue. I'm in the exact same place as you, I have a G5 HP dock and my monitors are just mirroring each other.

my DisplayLink manager says no monitor detected. Is this because my dock isn't DisplayLink compatible? Could it be that this is a corporate machine and isn't allowing this to work?

I've tried all the different drivers and even updating the dock firmware, I feel like this should not be so difficult, any other machine would just work off the bat with this dock, why are macs so extra.
Hello,

Please make sure that you can see DisplayLink under USB bus. If you do not see anywhere vendor as DisplayLink you device is either not detected at all or it is not using DisplayLink technology.

You can follow this to see how to check if DisplayLink is showing: https://support.displaylink.com/know...at-all-when-co

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:58 AM   #5
mert.ertugrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
I am sorry to hear that you decided to return the prodct.

Hello,

Please make sure that you can see DisplayLink under USB bus. If you do not see anywhere vendor as DisplayLink you device is either not detected at all or it is not using DisplayLink technology.

You can follow this to see how to check if DisplayLink is showing: https://support.displaylink.com/know...at-all-when-co

Best regards,
Katarzyna
What can we do if DisplayLink does not show under USB bus?
mert.ertugrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:51 PM   #6
gte037p

Default Kills MacBook

For me, when I unplug the dock and replug it in then it crashes my computer and/or it isn't detected. To resolve it I have to restart if it hasn't crashed and caused a reboot.