Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-25-2021, 05:46 PM   #1
AndrewM

Default Latest DisplayLink driver grinding performance to a halt

I have the following system:
Dell XPS15 9570
Intel Core i9-8950
32 GB RAM
1 TB SSD
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Dell WD15 Dock

DisplayLink item at issue: DisplayLink Graphics. Product Version: 10.1.2875.0. Product Language: 2057. Manufacturer: DisplayLink Corp.

I utilize the dock for camera, 3D mouse and ethernet. I do not use the dock for display connection as there does not appear to be any means to leverage the NVIDIA card this way. The display is connected via the laptop's HDMI port.

After the system was updated with the DisplayLink driver above, the system appeared to use only the Intel graphics chipset, which would quickly bog down when using SolidWorks. When the screen would freeze, the performance tab of the task manager would show the Intel graphics device as being maxed out, while the NVIDIA card was entirely idle. This behaviour persisted until the driver was removed, and system performance returned to normal.

However, an on-going issue with remote connection to an SQL database that was resolved by the driver update has returned. This is most frustrating, and the means to troubleshoot it seem very opaque.
AndrewM is offline   Reply With Quote