Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
zajac

Default DL-3xxx alpha driver

Maybe you have some drivers in the alpha version? I bought USB3HDTRIO, was written on the box that the mac is supported But that's not true at the moment.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #12
displaylinker

Just wondering if the new USB3.0 will continue to support/output RGB space? Currently Mac's own Thunderbolt/Mini-DisplayPort outputs in YPbPr which is really not for computer desktop use.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #13
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by displaylinker View Post
Just wondering if the new USB3.0 will continue to support/output RGB space? Currently Mac's own Thunderbolt/Mini-DisplayPort outputs in YPbPr which is really not for computer desktop use.
Yes, all our current products output RGB.

Wim
Old 08-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #14
D43m0n

Will the DL-3xxx driver also support audio? I've got the Targus USB 3 video dock (from a co-worker) and it all works just fine on his Windows 7 laptop, including USB audio. But will audio also be supported on the Mac driver?

I do prefer video support over audio however . A lot more then audio.

thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
thundercats

Any updates on this from DisplayLink? I just purchased an EVGA UV+39 to support dual monitors and apparently it doesn't work since it's a DL_3XXX chipset. I spoke with EVGA prior to ordering it and they swore up and down that the DisplayLink 1.8 driver fixed any issues for Lion (OSX 10.7.4). If DisplayLink plans on releasing a driver that's compatible relatively soon then I'll hang onto this thing and wait until then. Otherwise, I'll be returning this.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
zeraien

Default Retina supports up to 4 displays...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerSidhe View Post
I just want to know how soon is "the near future" because I have one with the intent to use with a MacBook Retina. From the DL-3000 page

"The DL-3000 series currently supports recent Windows platforms including Windows Multipoint Server 2010/2011, with support for Apple Mac OS and Linux scheduled in the near future."
If you have a retina macbook, you can already have up to 3 external monitors, including the internal one, meaning 4 in total. So unless you need more than that, you don't need a USB adapter.

http://blog.macsales.com/14241-macbo...ernal-displays
Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #17
alanpuccinelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeraien View Post
If you have a retina macbook, you can already have up to 3 external monitors, including the internal one, meaning 4 in total. So unless you need more than that, you don't need a USB adapter.

http://blog.macsales.com/14241-macbo...ernal-displays

Just because someone has a retina MBP doesn't mean they want to or can use all the Thunderbolt ports for displays (Retina MBP doesn't have an ethernet port so you potentially already need a dongle to tie up one of the ports for that). A USB solution is cheaper and more extendable through hubs.

Granted, I'm not a driver developer, but I want to know what the hold up is for OSX and Linux. Obviously it can be done since the 2xxx series chips work with both. Is it an issue of demand? Or is there some technical hurdle that needs to be overcome? I would think this would be a higher priority given the number of additional customers this would give you.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #18
mac jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanpuccinelli View Post
I want to know what the hold up is for OSX and Linux.
Demand. They are just starting to appear on the market from what I can tell. I have a nice USB 3.0 monitor and am waiting for Mac drivers.

I have another USB 2 monitor that works great with the Displaylink drivers
(which are very good BTW). Be nice to move up now

Last edited by mac jones; 10-16-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #19
wditters

Any movement in this? I have a Lenovo X1 and a Macbook Air I would like to connect to the same set of screens (2x Lenovo 24"attached to the Lenovo USB 3.0 dock)
Old 01-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #20
DonaldDuck

Default Still waiting...

So what's the word on this? USB3 debuted on Macs in June, and by now the entire Mac line is USB3-only (OK, except for the Mac Pro...)

This is an excellent business opportunity for DisplayLink, as most Macs are laptops & there is otherwise no reasonable docking station solution for Macs (there is a single shipping Thunderbolt dock, which is 2x the price and less functionality than many vendors' DisplayLink-based solutions, HW-wise).

Not asking for a ironclad date here, but it would be nice to understand what the current state of the drivers is, and whether it's still DisplayPort's goal to support OS X in the "near future" (the latest driver is now 6 months old...)
Closed Thread