Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 08:58 AM   #1
pacmanbneNL

Default [Solved] New MacOS Catalina breaks DisplayLink

I have installed the New Catalina MacOS however it appears to break the current release of DisplayLink

This is more of an FYI for others rather than a cry for help I can live without it until DisplayLink provide an update

Update:
When I say broken I mean I can see the mouse pointer but both external monitors are plank only my laptop screen is visible. Both network and mouse and keyboard all work without issue.

Update2:

I think I have fixed my problem under System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Screen Recording put a tick in the DisplayLinkUserAgent.app

This seem to solve my problem

Last edited by pacmanbneNL; 06-04-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:27 PM   #2
Shinji14

I don't have the DisplayLinkUserAgent in the ScreenRecording tab.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:54 PM   #3
Shinji14

In terminal :
Code:
cd /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/DisplayLink/DisplayLinkUserAgent.app/Contents/MacOS
./DisplayLinkUserAgent
This will popup a message that Terminal wants to screenrecord.

Driver tested : 5.1.1
Old 06-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #4
masto182

I tried the suggestion, but it didn't work for me. I also onl . installed the display link driver after I upgraded. We moved offices yesterday and we are using display link docks. Anything that might make it work?
Old 06-06-2019, 09:00 AM   #5
Skywalker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanbneNL View Post
I have installed the New Catalina MacOS however it appears to break the current release of DisplayLink

Update2:

I think I have fixed my problem under System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Screen Recording put a tick in the DisplayLinkUserAgent.app

Thnx! This fixed it for me!
Old 06-07-2019, 03:23 PM   #6
SterlingBourne

For me broken means the monitors don't recognize the MacBook Pro at all; they just go to sleep. I don't have a Screen Recorder option in Settings to enable.

So right now I'm just looking at 2 dead monitors next to my Laptop until a new driver is released that supports Catalina.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:46 AM   #7
pacmanbneNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBourne View Post
For me broken means the monitors don't recognize the MacBook Pro at all; they just go to sleep. I don't have a Screen Recorder option in Settings to enable.

So right now I'm just looking at 2 dead monitors next to my Laptop until a new driver is released that supports Catalina.
I would suggest you look under every option in the Privacy tab under "Security & Privacy" in System Preferences look for DisplayLinkUserAgent.app it appears in two places for me Screen Recording and Accessibility

Also if this was the first time you installed the driver you will need to click allow under the General Tab Its been a while since I read the install notes on the readme but I think that requirement is detailed there
Old 06-10-2019, 03:38 PM   #8
SterlingBourne

Fixed it.

My issue is I wasn't running v5.1.1. Once I installed the latest version, and enabled Screen Recording, both of my external monitors worked.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:25 PM   #9
iamjono

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanbneNL View Post

Dude that saved me hours of investigation. Worked perfectly (after reboot)

Thanks!!!
Old 06-28-2019, 08:06 PM   #10
Shaneb

Default In addition to the security settings solution, I had to change my refresh rate.

I don't know if this is monitor specific, but with Mojave I had my two external monitors set to 60 Hertz and all was good but with the Catalina install, the refresh on the external monitor was lagging severely. Changing the refresh rate to 59.88 Hertz (NTSC) fixed this for me.
Closed Thread