Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > General Discussion

Old 06-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
Larryag

Default Picture off center

Hello... having issues with my display setup... could anyone help?
System = Win-7, 32-bit, SP-1 installed
Dell desktop, 2.4 GHz, 4-gig RAM
Radeon X1300/X1550 series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
3-monitors attached - Left=Dell, Center=HannSpree SL231, Right=HannSpree SL231.
Left monitor via VGA, Center via DVI, Right via HIS Multi-View II Adapter connected via USB.

Here's the story. Yesterday I had a smaller monitor as my Right (3rd) monitor (Hans-G 20 inch LED) and it was working great. Given that the Center (2nd) monitor as 23 inch, I wanted to have a consistent viewing area, so I purchased the 2nd SL231. I simply removed the 20 inch and replaced it with the SL231, using the same Multi-View adapter. The monitor displays a picture, however the picture is off center (to the left 3 inches)... i.e. I have 3 inches of black screen on the right side of the viewing area.

After several adjustments via the Windows Display adjustments (both SL231's are set exactly the same (Display = 1.SL231DPB and 1920X1080 Resolution), nothing changed. Rebooted several times, some with Multi-View connected, some with it disconnected), no changes, still off center.

Disconnected 2nd. SL231 and reconnected the Hans-G, and all works well again. Connected the new SL231 to my laptop and it displays full screen as it should. This indicates something is wrong with the system, not the new monitor.

Can you think of anything that I could do to get this working correctly?
Larryag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Larryag

I'll answer my own post for the benefit of others who may find themselves with the same problem. Although I didn't fix the situation, I have found an acceptable work-around.

Set your screen resolution on the SL231 to 1680 X 1050. The recommended (and desired) resolution is 1920 X 1080, however it seems the crappy Multi-View adapter can't handle that. The 1680 X 1050 setting is acceptable to buying more equipment (i.e. new video card), however the viewing is not the quality the SL231 is capable of.

It goes without saying that I would not recommend purchasing the HIS Multi-View adapter. 1) apparently its use is limited, and 2) there is no support. My recommendation... before purchasing anything, go to the company's website, and if they don't have contact information (such as HIS), stay away from any of their products because they don't want to hear from you if you have a problem.

If, like me, you have already purchased one of their products... return it to the store if you can. Unfortunately I can not, and will use it until such time I am able to throw it in the trash.
Larryag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 12:34 AM   #3
John John

For me, changing the resolution to 1024x768 fixed the issue for me, however now it looks stretched horizontally. Its a really old ASUS monitor from around 2010 if that matters.
John John is offline   Reply With Quote