Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-09-2022, 01:57 PM   #1
mjsz

Default DisplayLink doesn't work when wake up from sleep.

It happens lots of times with my new M2 mbp.
When the system goes to sleep, and I wake it up, the screens can not show up. I check the displaylink app, it has a exclamation mark in the icon on the top bar. It says need permission for recording screen. But I checked the recording screen setting, displaylink app was in the list. I removed it and added it back. it worked agian.

It doesn't happen everytime, but most of time it does. Does anyone know about this issue? Thanks.
mjsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:14 AM   #2
conorlap

Same issue here, I have to open the lid of my MBP and close Displaylink manager and reopen it to activate my external monitors
conorlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 04:15 PM   #3
philthecat

Same issue here, with a Macbook Air M1. I tried everything, with the precious help of the OWC hub seller (macway.fr) Impossible to make it work: once asleep and waked-up, DisplayLink Manager doesn't recognise my two HDMI screens. Had to systematically unplug and replug my OWC DisplayLink USB-C Dual HDMI 2.0 4K adapter. I'm pretty sure it is not an hardware problem, but a software one. Same issue with version 1.7 or 1.8 (beta at this stage).
philthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:14 AM   #4
philthecat

Hey, DisplayLink developers, what's the point of setting up a forum if nobody ever receives any useful answer to obvious and documented bugs ?

As far as I am concerned, I simply consider, very unfortunately, DisplayLink as a non-reliable technology.
philthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 12:19 PM   #5
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by philthecat View Post
Hey, DisplayLink developers, what's the point of setting up a forum if nobody ever receives any useful answer to obvious and documented bugs ?

As far as I am concerned, I simply consider, very unfortunately, DisplayLink as a non-reliable technology.
If you have encountered unexpected macOS behavior, then the best way to report the issue directly to DisplayLink is by following the process documented here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote