Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
pineapplebigshot

Default Anker USB3.0 Docking Station NIC only linking at 100Mb

I am using an Anker USB 3.0 Docking Station with an Asus UX31A-BHI5T11 ultrabook with Windows 8.1.

Since the day I got it, I have not been able to get the NIC to link at anything above 100Mb. If I switch it from auto negotiation to 1.0Gb full duplex in the device advanced properties, the device reports network cable unplugged.

I've tried multiple Cat5e and Cat6 patch cables, 2 different gigE switches, even directly connected the NIC to another computer's gigE NIC. Always links at 100Mb. Other computers' gigE NICs link at 1.0Gb as expected using the same patch cables and switch ports.

I've also tried the docking station on a Win7 computer with the same result.

Currently running the latest 7.5 drivers, but it has been the case with older drivers as well.

Support files zip attached.

Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ULTRA_20140218_110749.zip (635.7 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by pineapplebigshot; 02-18-2014 at 04:21 PM.
pineapplebigshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
Wim

Hi

It looks like you have already tried everything I would suggest and this should work at Gig Ethernet.

I wonder if the dock is at fault, as 10/100 uses 2 Cat 5 pairs and Gig would use 4 pairs. Perhaps pair 3 and 4 have a hardware fault which is why 10/100 works, but Gig does not.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:05 PM   #3
pineapplebigshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi

It looks like you have already tried everything I would suggest and this should work at Gig Ethernet.

I wonder if the dock is at fault, as 10/100 uses 2 Cat 5 pairs and Gig would use 4 pairs. Perhaps pair 3 and 4 have a hardware fault which is why 10/100 works, but Gig does not.

Wim
Bummer. I was hoping there might be something in my support files that might shine a bit more light on the situation. Oh well, I'll contact Anker support, maybe it's a known issue or I can get a replacement.
Thanks for taking a look.
pineapplebigshot is offline   Reply With Quote