Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 05-30-2016, 09:30 AM   #1
jeigatwork

Exclamation ADSL connection failing - Displaylink D3100 Ubuntu

I'm running a Kubuntu 14.10 system (kernel 3.16.0-44-generic 64bit; KDELibs 4.14.1; Qt version 4.8.6; Processor i5-4210U) and am using an up-to-date DisplayLink driver from http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/ubuntu (version 1.1.62, May 16th 2016)

I followed these steps to install the driver: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl.../615714#ubuntu

All my monitors are being recognized, they all works, however ADSL connection is not working: it's strange because first days after installation, everything worked (monitors and ADSL) but one day, suddenly, I started my laptop and ADSL connection stopped working. ADSL cable is not damaged because, if I connect it directly to laptop, it works. The issue seems to be on the Displaylink...

Does anybody have any ideas what can be wrong and what I can try?
jeigatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:50 PM   #2
jeigatwork

The problem is solved by unplugging and replugging the USB cable that connects the laptop with the Displaylink D3100. At that time, the ADSL connection is recovered. Everything returns to work again (ADSL+Monitors), but it's a bit annoying because I have to reconfigure the position of the monitors in my Desktop again.
jeigatwork is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adsl, connection problem, d3100, ubuntu