Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
finger360

Default Blue Screen Error

After upgrading my Lenovo Switchable graphics driver on my T500 I get a blue screen error "bad pool header" therefore causing me to revert to last known good configuration (in which my usb card works just fine) so then i did a clean install of windows and got the switchable graphics driver installed first and then attempted to install the displaylink driver and now i get the same blue screen error. So I believe there is some link between the two driver sets that causes this error, but I just have no idea how to fix it. As of now I am not using the usb video card because of this. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I have already tried the beta version of the display link software too. Working on downgrading switchable graphics driver.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Goofy

Did you find a solution to the "bad pool header" error? I've got the same message on my T500 but with the DisplayLink iPad software.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
w500

Default Same issue on Thinkpad w500

Work-around for this is to change from switchable graphics in BIOS to discrete (only). I was able to boot again after switching to discrete, but this is not ideal as it will reduce battery life.

To boot into BIOS:

Reboot comptuter and hold down lenovo support button.
In Display section, change setting from Switchable Graphics to Discrete.
Exit Bios, saving configuration.
Reboot.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Goofy

That worked. Thanks very much.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
gateslinger

Same issue I have on my W500 with the latest ATI drivers. If you roll back the ATI driver to the 8.641.1.1-090824a-089811C-Lenovo (or the 7vd614ww.exe download off the Lenovo website) no BSOD.

At least it's the same issue as what I posted.

-G

Last edited by gateslinger; 02-15-2011 at 03:05 PM.