Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2023, 11:08 AM   #1
KevinA

Angry LG Screens not working after Ventura 13.4 Update

Hi there team! this is urgent as I use my 2 screens for work. I use the Brydge dock to power my 2 LG monitors.

I woke up, attempted to log in as normal. When I waked up the computer both monitors woke up as they should. When I attempted to log in with my password, the screens both went black and then it acted like it went to sleep for a split second and then asked me to enter my password again. It's like it's stuck in a loop and this is only when I'm connected to both the screens.

Even if I undock, log in properly and then re-dock nothing happens. What can be done to fix this, this is really annoying.
KevinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 02:10 PM   #2
BrazosMac

Default I am having trouble getting DisplayLink to work w 2 LG onitors

I just bought my second LG 5k monitor (27MDSKL-B). Hoping to power 2 displays from my brand new Macbook M2.... however it doesn't work like it did automatically on my old Intel Mac....

I downloaded DisplaylLnk.... still not working.... so I have to buy a hardware dock that has DisplayLink chipset in it? Is this how this works?

Does that mean no software fix is coming for my Macbook M2 I just bought? I assumed it was a silly error and was traveling and missed my 14 day window to return my Macbook Pro.

Boy am I frustrated!!!
BrazosMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 09:13 AM   #3
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinA View Post
Hi there team! this is urgent as I use my 2 screens for work. I use the Brydge dock to power my 2 LG monitors.

I woke up, attempted to log in as normal. When I waked up the computer both monitors woke up as they should. When I attempted to log in with my password, the screens both went black and then it acted like it went to sleep for a split second and then asked me to enter my password again. It's like it's stuck in a loop and this is only when I'm connected to both the screens.

Even if I undock, log in properly and then re-dock nothing happens. What can be done to fix this, this is really annoying.
Please follow the below steps:
  1. Please download the DisplayLink Support Tool available here.
  2. Disconnect your docking station from your computer for a moment - so you are able to log into your computer.
  3. Run the DisplayLink Support Tool.
  4. Then select Advanced in the left top corner of your top menu bar and once expanded select Reset Screen Layout.
  5. Then restart the machine, connect dock again and try to log in - this may require to setup your layout one more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazosMac View Post
I just bought my second LG 5k monitor (27MDSKL-B). Hoping to power 2 displays from my brand new Macbook M2.... however it doesn't work like it did automatically on my old Intel Mac....

I downloaded DisplaylLnk.... still not working.... so I have to buy a hardware dock that has DisplayLink chipset in it? Is this how this works?

Does that mean no software fix is coming for my Macbook M2 I just bought? I assumed it was a silly error and was traveling and missed my 14 day window to return my Macbook Pro.

Boy am I frustrated!!!
You are correct, the DisplayLink software is not enough, just like any other driver it requires a hardware to go with it. In this case it is a docking station or video adapter that has DisplayLink chip built into it - a list of some of the DisplayLink products is available here.

Also please keep in mind that DisplayLink will only work with monitors with traditional video ports available such as DisplayPort, HDMI, VGA or DVI (unless you are using a monitor that has DisplayLink chip built into it such as these). The LG monitor you pointed to does not seem to have those ports available and therefore will not connect to DisplayLink.
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote