Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2015, 10:12 PM   #1
hbudz@braemarnet.com

Default Windows 10 Store incompatible with Display Link

Updated laptop to Windows 10. From day one I had an issue with Windows Store not working. Waited a month hoping MS would come up with a fix. After a month I quit waiting and performed a Windows 10 Reset. This removed pretty much all installed programs.

Reloaded Norton Security with Backup and all Windows Updates. Windows Store Available. Reloaded Display Link software and Windows Store is now broken again. Uninstalled Display Link software and Windows Store works again.

Laptop Toshiba Qosimo X70 with Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 Docking Station (Model: PA3927U-1PRP).
Display Link software downloaded from Toshiba Site: displaylink_NR-128119-LS-1_R7.9_M0_DisplayLink_USB_Graphics_Software_for_Wi ndows_with_SLA

Last edited by hbudz@braemarnet.com; 08-30-2015 at 10:24 PM.
hbudz@braemarnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:19 AM   #2
zer0signal

I am also having this exact same issue;

Dell XPS 15
Dell 3100 Port Replicator
Displaylink 7.9 Aug 27th Drivers (win 10 pro)

Brand new laptop, port replicator with displaylink works as it should, but ANY metro based app opens and immediately closes. This is Win Store, Solitaire, Calc, Clock, xbox app, anything metro!

Before I installed displaylink drivers, everything worked as it should, after install no metro apps would start. Removed drivers and everything works as should. I have also made sure Win10 Pro is fully updated.

This is a pretty serious issue, it really affects the core of Win10. I feel this needs to be looked and possibly patched, I am not sure if its a MS problem or Displaylink. Right now with the drivers being installed and removed it leads me to something with displaylink.
zer0signal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:54 AM   #3
Nitsujikun

I'm also having the exact same issue
Nitsujikun is offline   Reply With Quote