Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-15-2018, 01:52 PM   #271
Gastronaught

I have this working after toggling my firewall off then back on again.
Gastronaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #272
slvrscoobie

anyone having issues with the 2nd display getting stuck in mirrrored mode?
Mine went to sleep and when it woke up both displays are mirrored.
I tried to turn off airplay, unplug, ect, but everytime it comes back it shows up as a mirrored monitor, even though the system THINKS there is a second monitor (mouse travels past edge of screen).
slvrscoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:07 PM   #273
RGloverii

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrscoobie View Post
anyone having issues with the 2nd display getting stuck in mirrrored mode?
Mine went to sleep and when it woke up both displays are mirrored.
I tried to turn off airplay, unplug, ect, but everytime it comes back it shows up as a mirrored monitor, even though the system THINKS there is a second monitor (mouse travels past edge of screen).
I'm getting the same thing. I can't get the DisplayLink screen to work in extended mode. Even when AirPlay says it's being extended, it only displays what is on the primary screen.
RGloverii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:05 AM   #274
MC Ren

It'd be really nice if they would just fix the issue already, the workaround makes a 2nd monitor usable, but for crying out loud, fix the issue!!!
MC Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:44 AM   #275
dirkseidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkseidel View Post
Unfortunately I have to uninstall/reinstall the driver every morning when I arrive at work. I have found no way of getting the separate display configuration to work again after unplugging the monitors when going home, putting the Mac to sleep and using it at home without the monitors. At work I tried just rebooting the machine, unplugging/plugging in the USB, switching between different configurations, nothing seems to work.
I just checked again. Putting the Mac to sleep without deattaching the screens and then waking it up causes no problems. It seems to be a combination of sleeping and deattaching which causes the need to reinstall for me.
dirkseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #276
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

Installing macOS 10.13.4 will cause DisplayLink connected displays to go blank after the OS update when using DisplayLink driver v4.1. Extended displays continue to work as expected in macOS 10.13.3, and we can only recommend that you stay on macOS 10.13.3 or earlier if you require this feature and have not already updated. Functionality such as Ethernet and audio, where implemented, is unaffected.

We have now released DisplayLink driver v4.3 beta 4 providing an interim solution with one extended USB display (720p or 1080p) on macOS 10.13.4, using Apple AirPlay®. All additional DisplayLink screens will be cloning the primary display. This updated beta removes two main restrictions from last week's v4.3 beta 3: Wi-Fi no longer needs to be enabled, and the driver is allowed access through the system firewall. When starting the machine, AirPlay requires you to re-plug the device after login.

Please see the updated FAQ for details on how to enable the DisplayLink AirPlay display for extend or mirror mode.

Our team has made some solid progress towards finding a solution which would restore full extended display support for multiple DisplayLink displays in a future release of macOS, but we are unable to provide a time-frame or a date for release of this solution at this time. We will provide an update on this thread as soon as we are able.

Thank you for your continued patience and we appreciate your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:19 PM   #277
nenvue78

Default Still no picture

I done everything you said. I got it running and there still no picture. I can’t even duplicate the screen. All I see is a black screen. If there no solution to this, I might end up returning it back to amazon.
nenvue78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:58 PM   #278
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenvue78 View Post
I done everything you said. I got it running and there still no picture. I can’t even duplicate the screen. All I see is a black screen. If there no solution to this, I might end up returning it back to amazon.
Hello Nenvue78,
For individual cases, I would recommend a dedicated support ticket rather than this busy generic thread.
If you send an email to technical_enquiries@displaylink.com, stating what you are trying to achieve (how many displays, in which configuration), and with what machine (Apple product name and model year) and product (the one you got from Amazon), then we can guide you how to achieve this, or tell you straight away if it's not possible today.
Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:56 AM   #279
challgren

Well done! Has restored my 3rd display on Mac Mini (Late 2014)
challgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:13 AM   #280
baspenny

Default Screen working again!

With the installation of the newest driver, my second monitor came back to live. Thanks!
My specs:
  • Macbook pro 13 inch mid 2012
  • macOS 10.13.4 (17E202)
  • Kernel version Darwin 17.5.0
  • USB32hdpro Startech
baspenny is offline   Reply With Quote