Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-06-2018, 04:23 PM   #471
k_hoona

Same problem here. Just purchased the unit yesterday for my 2018 MacBook Pro, and it does not work with my 3 4K displays, only the primary display. Are there workarounds until this issue can be addressed properly?
k_hoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:29 PM   #472
slvrscoobie

Found a steal of a deal on a thunderbolt display with Displayport pass through, picking it up tomorrow (I hope) and then Ill rid myself from the need to use displaylink at all. they fixed it right as I started hunting for other options. and if it wasnt as cheap as it is, Id probably just keep the 2 screen setup I have but work is telling me a new laptop is in my future so this will be easier than working on the USB-C to A to Displaylink To.... that I have now
slvrscoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:47 AM   #473
Okibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudd View Post
...Only Display Link and Apple know what has really gone on ..
Apple has been way too quiet on this issue, I don't think they wanted it to get any attention. I wonder if it helped the eGPUs they were promoting?
Okibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:52 AM   #474
CCLA

Default Issues installing the Display link Beta drivers?

Anyone had an issue after Installing the Beta drivers on Mojave Public Beta where the machine locks up on the Apple logo and bar on reboot?
CCLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:24 AM   #475
slvrscoobie

welllllllllllllllllll cruddddd

got my Thunderbolt display today. plugged it in, works great, except.. wait, where is the 2nd monitor.

oh. apparently you cant connect a thunderbolt display AND daisychain it to another Displayport display, it has to be ANOTHER thunderbolt display.
GD Apple, you really dont make this easy (or its easy but extremely costly
so Im back to my displaylink monitor.

Can anyone confirm the newer QHD or 4K displaylink adapters are working before I buy a newer 2560x1440 monitor and find out it wont work...
Old 08-08-2018, 09:35 PM   #476
Sofla David

Well, everything was working great on my 2013 MacBook Air running Mojave Public Beta 5 and the latest Beta Drivers for a couple of days.

Today I got a my new 2018 MacBook Pro.

I installed the latest Mojave Beta Public Beta 6 (18A353d) and the same (latest) DisplayLink Beta drivers and My 2nd monitor is blank with only the cursor showing up.

If anyone else is running the same setup, please let me know your results.

Sucks because some of my other apps (including Skype for Business and Symantec VIP) are either buggy, or not working under Mojave yet, but I installed the Beta strictly because of the second monitor.

Last edited by Sofla David; 08-08-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Sofla David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:49 PM   #477
slvrscoobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla David View Post
Well, everything was working great on my 2013 MacBook Air running Mojave Public Beta 5 and the latest Beta Drivers for a couple of days.

Today I got a my new 2018 MacBook Pro.

I installed the latest Mojave Beta Public Beta 6 (18A353d) and the same (latest) DisplayLink Beta drivers and My 2nd monitor is blank with only the cursor showing up.

If anyone else is running the same setup, please let me know your results.

Sucks because some of my other apps (including Skype for Business and Symantec VIP) are either buggy, or not working under Mojave yet, but I installed the Beta strictly because of the second monitor.
I had the same issue once the new PB was released. I uninstalled, rebooted, installed, rebooted, and its worked fine ever since.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:23 PM   #478
Sofla David

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrscoobie View Post
I had the same issue once the new PB was released. I uninstalled, rebooted, installed, rebooted, and its worked fine ever since.
Thanks, I'll try that when I get a chance and see what happens.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:48 AM   #479
Sofla David

Unfortunately, I'ver rebooted, Uninstalled, Rebooter, tried again, rebooted some more, and gone round and round till the cows come home, and I still get a blank display with just a mouse cursor.

I'm using a 2018 MacBook Pro 15" with the i9 processor. I'm running 10.14 Beta (18A353d) and the latest DisplayLink 4.3 Beta 5 driver.

If I select "Mirror Displays" and then set "Optimize Display" to "MacBook Retina display", then It works (mirroring my display), but if I turn off the checkmark for "mirror displays", I get the blank screen again.

I've hit a brick wall for now. It's most annoying because it *should* be working.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Sofla David; 08-10-2018 at 03:10 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #480
nhjay

My work PC was recently changed over from a Windows 10 machine to a 2017 MacBook Pro. Working at home I use a Plugable UD-3900 dock, which I have been able to get one dispaly wokring with the beta 5 driver form July. This works well, but I really like 2 full size displays.

As a workaround, my IT group gave me a thunderbolt 3 adapter that has 1 hdmi port, and 3 usb 3.0 ports. This has enabled me to use my 2 full size dipslays. I plug one into the adapter via its HDMI port, and then I plug my DisplayLink based dock into one of the usb 3.0 ports. The dock has a display plugged in via DVI. Both displays work, and I keep the MacBook Pro closed, running in clam shell mode.

My IT group will not allow an upgrade to Mojave when it is first released, so any fixes included in that will have to wait for me. This workaround meets my needs.
nhjay is offline   Reply With Quote