Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2019, 07:13 AM   #1
ddickenson

Default MB168B+ Black Screen USB still recognized

Has anyone had this happen before? I've got a previously known working Asus MB168B+

I've used it on Windows 10 before and 7 before that and even Mac a time or two. I took it on the road for a conference a couple weeks ago and the thing is picked up by windows, seen as a monitor and even the model number and shows up as a display and the power button turns white. All that but it never shows anything on the screen. I've tried new drivers, old drivers, other computers, different cables, nothing works.

It's tough to believe it's just dead because despite it's relative age it has been very rarely used and kept in pristine condition. Last time I used it was the last time I was able to travel for business about May of 2018.

My google skills seem to be failing me or I'm really just the only one with this problem.
ddickenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:30 AM   #2
jondav

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddickenson View Post
Has anyone had this happen before? I've got a previously known working Asus MB168B+

I've used it on Windows 10 before and 7 before that and even Mac a time or two. I took it on the road for a conference a couple weeks ago and the thing is picked up by windows, seen as a monitor and even the model number and shows up as a display and the power button turns white. All that but it never shows anything on the screen. I've tried new drivers, old drivers, other computers, different cables, nothing works.

It's tough to believe it's just dead because despite it's relative age it has been very rarely used and kept in pristine condition. Last time I used it was the last time I was able to travel for business about May of 2018.

My google skills seem to be failing me or I'm really just the only one with this problem.
I have the exact same issue with my ASUS MB169+. USB connectivity and is showing in Windows display settings. Only issue is no image on the screen. Any advice?
jondav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asus, black screen, mb168b+