Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
JLH

Default windows 8, displayLink and TrackIR

I run Windows 8, an AMD gpu with latest drivers and a TrackIR 5 device. this has been working fine.

I just picked up 2 8" displays, downloaded the latest version of DisplayLink and installed it. Displays are working great however with DisplayLink installed the TrackIR application will no longer load properly. double clicking the app starts and I can see the trackIR process in task manager however the GUI of the app doesn't load. it seems like the process just hangs, using 15-20% CPU. Trying to run it again gives a message the the app is already running and killing the process and running again gives same result.

uninstalling displayLink and TrackIR works again but no displays
reinstalling TrackIR with displayLink installed didn't help

I get the same results with and without the actual TrackIR device plugged in. I've seen a number of people run displayLink and TrackIR with windows 7 on some of the flight sim forums so seems to be specific to Windows 8.

has anyone else had any problem or got any suggestions for what I should try?
JLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Sethos

Hey m8

I experienced the exact same problem (With Windows 7), and the solution for me was to install Lucid Virtu Software.

I found it on my motherboard manufacture support site when I search for drivers. It was in the
category Utilities for my Asus motherboard.

So I installed it, and that solved the problem.

So go to your motherboard manufacture support site and search for it.

Or try Lucid Virtu Software @ http://www.lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads.html

The one I installed was Lucid Virtu v1.2.112

Sethos

Last edited by Sethos; 12-23-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Sethos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
JLH

hey mate, thanks for the follow up. unfortunately that software is only for intel sandybridge and ivy bridge motherboards. Im running AMD.

If any support people are looking, I've found with the driver installed my Logitech G19 software wont load either with same symptoms as trackIR. double click the shortcut, process shows as running but the app never loads and no icon in system tray.
JLH is offline   Reply With Quote