Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Windows 8 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
stevenplotkin

Default Driver 6.3 killed my displays

I have a Gforce Graphic card and while installing the new 6.3 version driver in the new Windows 8 release preview, at the point where the screens go blank, they stayed blank and even when I unplug my usb monitor I cannot get my screens to appear. They come up at boot up but 2 or 3 seconds after the Windows logo appears all video to either of my graphic card DVI outputs stops. I have not been able to successfully go to safe mode nor have I figured out a way to directly change the dual boot to Windows 7. At the moment it looks like I will have to make an ISO windows 8 disk and reinstall.
Any suggestions?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
stevenplotkin

Default just noted threads

Hi again just noticed similar thread. Still need a way to fix the system as I am currently dead in the water. I don't have a way to setup a remote.
Again any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 06-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
peckspc

Default Windows 8 release preview

Yes, version 6.3 will kill all displays. I have not found a way out of it. Sometimes you can reboot but on two installs, as soon as I connected my DisplayLink usb display, all displays are killed and even after reboot, could not get it back. After about 4 Windows 8 installations for testing, reinstalled Windows 7. Will have to wait for Displaylink to fix this one....

I did start thread: http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1724

- Chris