Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Windows 8 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
thebigdaddy

Default DisplayLink Drivers crashing IE 10

I just installed my displayLink devices and drivers today and first ran into the black screen issue. I restored my machine to a previous restore point to fix it up since it would not let me uninstall the drivers.

I went with the 6.2 driver and it fixed the black screen issue, but now I am unable to keep IE 10 open in desktop mode. It seems to run fine in Metro mode, but anytime I open say bing.com it will give me the "IE has stopped responding" and will try to open the tab again eventually failing and giving me a blank tab.

I uninstalled DL drivers and IE works fine again.

Anyone else seeing this?

I am also running nVidia version 302.80 verde driver, with a quadro 1000m in dedicated mode.

I am not a huge fan of IE but for some reason it seems to be the only browser that will not freeze up my system on a consistent basis.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
mlukaszek

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigdaddy View Post
I went with the 6.2 driver and it fixed the black screen issue, but now I am unable to keep IE 10 open in desktop mode. It seems to run fine in Metro mode, but anytime I open say bing.com it will give me the "IE has stopped responding" and will try to open the tab again eventually failing and giving me a blank tab.

I am also running nVidia version 302.80 verde driver, with a quadro 1000m in dedicated mode.
We'll be releasing a beta release soon with refreshed support for Windows 8, that would include fixes for NVIDIA black screens and Metro.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
thebigdaddy

Thanks for the update, looks like firefox crashes as well. I can however run firefox in firefox-safemode.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
smithderek76

I'm having the same problem with both IE and Firefox. Firefox will open only in safe mode. Yesterday I didn't have this problem but today after a restart Windows 8 wouldn't load so I had to reinstall and since the reinstall when I download the drivers for display link it is messing up my browsers. I had my quad monitor + 50 inch tv set up running on a Dell Inspiron 1525 with 32x Windows 8 for over a week and no problems even in version 3.6 just to slow of a pc to be running an advanced set up now I have it connected to an Asus cg9250 and I have nothing but problems. First black screens with v6.3 (thankfully it is a dual boot with Windows 7 so I removed the dlkmd.sys driver like they said on the forum here and uninstalled it) now today having to reinstall my OS and no longer being able to get online unless in safe mode. Hopefully these issues will be fixed soon until then i guess I'll have to use Windows 7 but its multi-monitor features aren't comparable with the new features in Windows 8
Old 07-11-2012, 04:45 AM   #5
smithderek76

Works with Chrome
Old 07-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
ianlewis

I had this problem and found that when I rolled back the nvidia drivers it went away. For me, at any rate, this particular one wasn't a displaylink problem.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
Wim

Please download and try the new v7.0 Beta for Windows 8. This should solve the issues with NVIDIA and Metro that have been posted here:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

Wim