Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2017, 05:28 AM   #1
Hideki

Default Monitors disabled on reboot - Windows Fall Creator version

As per this thread, also having the same issue
https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65640

Anytime I reboot all displaylink monitors are automatically set to disabled upon reboot, I either have to

1) Unplug 1 for others to show up, then plug the same one back in in which windows resets to the previous monitor configuration I had prior to reboot or..

2) Manually reenable all monitors via windows display properties.

Its becoming an annoyance since I have to reset everything every single time. I've tried clean installing both version 8.3 and 8.4 for Displaylink software, however due to the server speeds on displaylink.org ( about roughly 0.05 kb/s) for download it takes roughly 10 hours to download the software so I have to go through other mirror sites that host it in order to grab it.

Per reddit I've noticed that's been an issue for a while, however the main issue is the fact that since the FCU this has been an issue.

Previously I was on 1507 and did not have this issue, however this is a fresh install of windows ( wanted to ensure it wasn't due to an OS issue ) using the latest ISO from windows.

I'm not using a USB hub to connect.
Motherboard = Asus Rampage 6 Extreme
All using latest drivers for both asmedia/intel usb chipsets.

I'm using the USB 3.0 4k DP and HDMI display link adapters for 2 monitors. On a side note I do have a wacom display link adapter for hooking my tablet up, and noticed that the displaylink also affects that.
However to rule it out of the equation I removed the wacom tablet and still have the issue on the monitors themselves.

I've returned 5 devices total to my local electronics store, and since this appears to not be due to faulty devices ( 1 did go bad after 2 days ) I'm hoping to get some insight on the forums here. I've seen online that there are known issues for USB docking stations so I'm curious if that is something similar here as the problems were first reported by early adopters of FCU in June, I'm hoping that this is something DisplayLink is aware of.

To add on to this I've also tested with just the generic windows displaylink drivers and no dice.

Symptoms are simple this:

I setup my display i.e what monitor goes where and which is my main monitor and go about my business, upon reboot or shutting down, the next time windows loads the login screen automatically goes to the main monitor on my GPU ( dedicated only no integrated) and all displaylink monitors are off/disabled.

I've tested diff usb ports, both front and back, both controllers on the motherboard, hoping maybe it was a power issue. Also ensured everythings at max power/performance in power options but nothing.

Hoping to get some help here before I take these back again.

Attached are current logs, currently running 8.31 atm as it was my last ditch effort since 8.4 wasn't working well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VANESSA_20171218_232441.zip (1.24 MB, 0 views)
Hideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:27 PM   #2
Hideki

Ok so after much testing, I was able to get the displays to stop disabling themselves, however that is only when I keep the Wacom Tablet unplugged.

I own the Wacom Mobile studio pro 16 which is a tablet computer for drawing on but also has the ability to be used as a 2ndary screen.

It does this via the wacom displaylink adapter that u purchase separately and uses USB-C to DP (output that is) to your video card.

Prior to CU this worked fine, however I've brought this up with Wacom and shown them logs and they have directed me back here stating the issue is with teh displaylink drivers, I don't know if it means for displaylink to reach out to wacom directly to resolve this or what needs to be done.

I draw a lot/animate using my tablet while streaming and to reduce CPU usage I do not want to have to resort to using a displaylink adapter for input if possible since its already going through 1 ( as its USB C -> wacom displaylink adapter -> USB 3 + mini DP out for both touch ( via usb ) and video via the DP )
Old 12-20-2017, 10:11 AM   #3
Hideki

Here's a final update on the logs, hopefully this gives u some information to after.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VANESSA_20171220_041027.zip (3.09 MB, 0 views)
Old 12-22-2017, 12:47 AM   #4
Hideki

Any luck? I noticed the other threads around mine getting answered within 24 hours, but since its been over 72 figured I'd check in. Taking the adapters back this weekend if nothing else as I don't want to go past the return window, so will have to submit them as defective if not.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:21 AM   #5
Hideki

Since forums are dead or ignored I returned the products as defective so they can be shipped back to the vendor, that makes over 12 units returned now. I'm done with Display link, hopefully in the future they fix their issues and or achieve support, since emails never get returned either.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:20 AM   #6
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Microsoft has now started working on solving their bug.
It's not up to graphics adapters to decide on desktop layout. It is actually forbidden for them to change layout and doing so will make the driver fail Microsoft qualification.

Every single ticket has been answered. I checked again just now. Not sure of where these emails have been sent but, as we receive tickets daily.

You changed the OS and you obviously saw the new OS broke it. Yet, the conclusion is the thing to blame is the only thing that didn't change...

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote