Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-17-2015, 10:26 PM   #1
Mato S

Default Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 main input USB cable issue

Hi there.
Does anyone have experience with this device?
I replaced the stock USB 3.0 1 meter A-B cable with the 3 meters long one. After that I realized strange behaviour of the docking station. No video, no network nor audio functionality was provided. Only mouse and keyboard connected to USB ports remained working.
This happened on Dell laptop with USB 3.0 port. Toshiba with USB 2.0 only worked with some tiny issues correctly. With the original cable everything goes well.
Any idea whether there's some USB cable length limitation or I just have a deffective one? Is the USB 3.0 more sensitive than 2.0?
THX
Mato
Mato S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:48 PM   #2
Dan
Banned

Our products work with compliant cables.

The DisplayLink chip is behind a hub chip, and that is responsible for any behaviour you are seeing. The Dynadock uses good components, so it sounds like you have a bad cable.

If there is a reliable USB 2.0 (HS) connection, then we should operate without any issue, although you will see reduced performance (HS peaks at 320Mbps of the 480MHz signalling rate).

USB 3.0 is very sensitive to cable quality, and if you are unlucky, rather than falling back to USB 2.0, it could fail to operate at all.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote