Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-16-2021, 07:45 AM   #1
Jhantman

Default Apple apps don't open m1 macbookair on Monterey

Has anyone else had an issue or fix for apps not working. I have an M1Macbook Air and displays work. Aplle music, facetime, office apps and others take 2 or more minutes to open and don't all work once open. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do have 1.6 beta displaylink manager installed. All worked fine before upgrade to Monterrey. Thanks for any advice
Jhantman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 10:15 AM   #2
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello Jhantman,

Thank you for posting on our forum.

Have you checked if your notifications are working correctly on MacOS Monterey? As it seems as a similar problem we have faced with MacOS 12.0 release.

On macOS Monterey if you like to receive notifications from applications (the ones you granted notification permissions to), when one ore more DisplayLink screens are active, please select the checkbox "Allow notification: When mirroring or sharing the display" in the "Notifications & Focus" panel in System Preferences:

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:48 PM   #3
Jhantman

Default reply

Yes, I get notifications, what happens is that certain apps, like apple music, FaceTime, MS Office, Apple TV, actually almost all Apple Apps, dont want to open and if they do, after about 2 minutes, they dont work correctly. I did not have this issue with my DisplayLink device and my M1 Mac before Monterrey, so I didnt know if there was a work around or fix. I really don't want to go backwards to Big Sur again, so I was hoping for a workaround or if this was something being addressed in the final version of 1.6 software.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:57 PM   #4
dew912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhantman View Post
Yes, I get notifications, what happens is that certain apps, like apple music, FaceTime, MS Office, Apple TV, actually almost all Apple Apps, dont want to open and if they do, after about 2 minutes, they dont work correctly. I did not have this issue with my DisplayLink device and my M1 Mac before Monterrey, so I didnt know if there was a work around or fix. I really don't want to go backwards to Big Sur again, so I was hoping for a workaround or if this was something being addressed in the final version of 1.6 software.
Are you using a USB webcam / mic?
dew912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 05:49 PM   #5
Jhantman

Default Reply

Yes, I have an external USB 4k Camera I use. Does that make a difference?