Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 01-09-2022, 08:49 PM   #1
doctorzoidberg

Default 144hz monitor but testing shows 60hz refresh rate

Hello everyone!

I just picked myself up a QGeem usb-c dual monitor docking station and I am having an odd issue and I am wondering if this is expected behavior or if something isn't right.

Basically, I have a 1440p 144hz monitor and in windows I am able to select 144hz refresh rate for the monitor when connected through the dock (HDMI fro the dock to the monitor). The monitor itself shows it is a 144hz signal when I go into the setting but the rate and which the screen is being updated it is very clearly less than 144hz. If I go to one of the websites to test the refresh rate I am seeing it listed at 60hz. This is when connected to a dell XPS 15 7590.

However, if I connect my other laptop (an intel 16" Macbook Pro) I am able to select 144hz, the monitor shows 144hz and the image refresh likes its 144hz and the test also shows 144hz.

I had to install the displaylink drivers in order to get an image to show from my XPS 15, however the macbook pro also has those drivers installed and no picture showed until I gave it the displaylink app the screen recording permissions so I assume they are both being driven by the displaylink drivers and not native thunderbolt.

Is this a limitation of the windows implementation or could this be something with my particular laptop? I have a dell dock I am trying to replace for various reasons and that worked fine at 144hz with both laptops.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated and I really like the dock otherwise.

Thank you!
doctorzoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 01:04 PM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello

Thank you for reaching out!

Can you please gather logfiles for further analysis from the Windows machine?

The instructions are available here:
https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

For speedy support you can send them to technical-enquiries@synaptics.com. Otherwise you can attach the log files to your response.

Thank you,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote